MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how many mpg would you be expecting to get out a Mini of this age.... never really paid any attention to fuel consumption untill i started a tnew Job. It's 530 miles a week and I've popped in £118 worth of fuel... if my maths is correct approx 25mpg based on 125.9 a litre unleaded. Now i'm sure i read somewhere it was about 29mpg... but i suppose due to age etc that may have decreased. I suspect my driving style needs to be altered to increase mpg (trying that this week).... any other useful tips?. Due a service so wondering if there is anything i could ask for to help fuel economy?.
TIA

·
Registered
994 Posts
25 mpg does seem high fuel consumption. I've no experince of the 1st gen MINI one 1.6, but have driven the supercharged version and that achieved ~30-35 mpg combined and would expect the non supercharged to get similar or better fuel consumption.

Lots of things can affect the mpg figures like your driving style, travelling on roads with high gradients, condition of your engine etc...

Depends if you want to spend the money but maybe you can ask for an engine tune up from the garage if it hasn't already been done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts