MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automatic owners, thinking of switching from a Cooper D to a Cooper D auto. I'm getting low 60's mpg in my manual. What MPG are you guys getting in your petrol and diesel autos?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi I hae a clubman D auto Im getting around 52 to the gallon .I use BP ulimate and dont do alot of motorway driving .Mainly rural roads in Mid Wales. Its a brillient auto box woith mid range acceleration as good as the S and the paddle changes come in useful .Its very smooth and relaxing to drive

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's my usage since taking ownership of my Cooper S auto just over twelve months ago:

'07 MINI Cooper S

I generally drive using sport+manual shift, mostly city driving which shows in my averages :D

There are fair few MINIs up on Fuelly, though I'd encourage anyone keeping track of their usage to join the fray so we can get some decent averages.

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but I get 50mpg from my Cooper D auto, whichever way I drive it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Recent 1000 km trip gives the following:

average 90km/h ~ 69 MPG (4.1 l/100 km)
average 120 km/h gives ~ 49 MPG (5,8 l/100 km)

·
PCM
2 Posts
Clubman diesel auto

Hi,

I'm considering getting a Clubman diesel auto but am a bit perturbed about the discrepency between the official figures (U 42.8, EXU 67.3, C55.4) and the actual user figures. Long-term tests seem to indicate that the official figures are impossible to achieve.

Does anyone have any up to date figures for the mileage they are getting in their clubman diesel auto?

I'd be grateful for any replies, both good or bad :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry for the really late reply but at least my comment adds to the archives of this thread. 2008 Clubman Cooper S > on mway at 80mph via cruise control it will average 44MPG over as many miles as you want. Around city centre only though the average is 22MPG.

The auto doesn't have stop start (shame) however when the dealer leant me equivalent auto and manual petrol models I noted a 20% improvement overall.

On the manual I id the morning city centre ome office return with stop/start on and the next day with stop/start off. The difference was around 10%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts