MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you D owners , could any of you give me a idea of what sort of miles you get out of a full tank of diesel round town driving. Many thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im running a cooper s 09 plate , unfort i do like a split shift at work so its two trips either way through the the day. Just lately im going out just for work and the odd trip by petrol is just about lasting two weeks before need to refill up. Just looking at what my options might be? just wondering if to swap to a diesel

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
If my rough calculations are correct, with an average of 50 MPG on the Dooper, you can expect 500-ish miles on a full tank. If you base your numbers on the figures of 70 MPG which people are reporting, you're then looking at up to 700 miles per tank.

Of course, that would be mostly motorway driving I guess - but even at the lower end, it's still pretty impressive.

By contrast, especially considering the larger tank, it makes the 280 miles/tank I get from my R56 JCW seem pretty paltry - especially since I have to brim it twice a week. :eek:

·
cooper d
16 Posts
In my MINI D with Oz surburban driving I get 4.2 litres per 100k, that equates to about 800 k per tank full. Down here we pay around $1.20 per litre.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mpg

Computer says 60 to 63mpg with mostly out of town use and fairly spirited driving. ;)

Could probably get 530ish miles out of a tank full if I was prepared to run the tank that low but I live well out in the sticks so tend not to.

Bozzer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Bozzer
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing