MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, been browsing through some of the kits recently and have pretty much decided on the MS DESIGN kit for my Cooper

I've found somewhere local who'll order and install it for me, it's going to cost a bit so before I sign up for definite I was just looking for a few opinions, and wondering anyone knows if this is going to affect my warranty, resale value etc. And if anyone has any personal pics whose done this.

Thanx

Lou

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
I agree it's one of the better 'kits ' available. very effective visually , however remember you and I may like it BUT what value will a potential buyer or dealer put on it ? not a lot I would guess . if you plan on selling or trading in soon I would not fit an ' aftermarket ' kit , if you want to change the apperance of your MINI try the ' aero ' kit at least it is the genuine article and will retain some of the investment . I buy and sell Classic MINIs and almost always will ' run away ' from Minis with bodykits , instead concentrating on low mileage mint 'original ' cars . now if you are making a decision to keep your car for many years that changes things . anyway thats my opinion only you can make up your mind .
Gerard

·
Registered
783 Posts
Does that kit bolt on over the stock panels? That is, rather than replacing the plastic wheel arches, it attaches over them, so you're hauling around the weight of both?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I actually half agree with you, I'd be of the less is more/subtle is better opinion myself, however, the Aero kit still has black wheel arches. Thats the one thing I do wanna change. I spoke to someone about having them sprayed silver but they'd have to be resurfaced to take the paint and then on top of the cost of the kit.

I'm trying to work out whether I'll keep the Coop long term or not, I've always been of the opinion I'd change it for an S or a facelift after a year or so but the thought of handing over the keys is a bit sickening. I think if I even saw someone else driving it I'd cry, so I might keep it an have some fun, make it my own.

I'm not sure about the bolts on the arches either....I'd wanna see it in real life, not just the picture before I agreed to it for definite. Oh decisions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Mini Lou
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing