MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am definately chipping my One but I cant decide which to go for...

MTH - Cost and ftting is £100 - fitted by yourself but can be changed back and forth to factory setting as often as you want, around 30bhp increase, No warranty.

SuperChip - Cost; £511 fitted, 30bhp increase guaranteed, Superchip 12month warranty, 7day free trial period.

MTH is a 5th of the price of SC but is it worth the risk of doing it yourself and having no warranty at all?

Help me make up my mind please.

Thanks

Bryce.

·
Cornish Boy
164 Posts
bryce03 said:
I am definately chipping my One but I cant decide which to go for...

MTH - Cost and ftting is £100 - fitted by yourself but can be changed back and forth to factory setting as often as you want, around 30bhp increase, No warranty.

SuperChip - Cost; £511 fitted, 30bhp increase guaranteed, Superchip 12month warranty, 7day free trial period.

MTH is a 5th of the price of SC but is it worth the risk of doing it yourself and having no warranty at all?

Help me make up my mind please.

Thanks

Bryce.
Like everything in life, you pays your money.......

My thoughts.....

Superchip - Well respected, warranty, very visible (don't they solder a chip in?) and £511 - can't be reverted back without a visit to them and ££

MTH - Well respected (read the forums here and on NAM), NO issues (only ones with keycodes and getting the PC connecting), LOTS of people have it in UK, Germany and US, £40 (if you can find a cable - mine can be in Livingstone for a couple of weeks if you wanted to use it - my collegues are working up there), very good power increase, can be reverted to standard, less ££.

Go for the MTH, you WILL NOT regret it!!!!!!

Let me know if Livingstone helps?

cheers

paul

P.S. VERY good power gains on a ONE - look at the threads on NAM and German sites

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.