MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

So, how do we all keep our cars clean when we are driving in the rain? Can you get mudflaps which prevent spray from hitting the back of the car? Or some other clever spoiler or something. The back of my car is normally covered in rain and mud (country roads) after just a few miles, and I normally wash my car twice a week!

Just saw a gorgous PS Cooper with full bodykit and maybe JCW wheels in the East Molesey area, and even in the rain it was gleaming.

Any advice?

Regards,

Nev.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Nev said:
Hello Everyone,

in rain and mud (country roads) after just a few miles, and I normally wash my car twice a week!

Just saw a gorgous PS Cooper with full bodykit and maybe JCW wheels in the East Molesey area, and even in the rain it was gleaming.

Any advice?

Regards,

Nev.
Maybe he just cleaned it before it rained :p

Seriously though I think every MINI has a Turbelence Problem and sucks all the muck off the road onto the back!Just keep her waxed to Protect from the nasty salts in the Winter off the roads.

·
MINI...Grrrreat!
132 Posts
We have a set of mudlflaps fitted to our MCS, when we bought it in Feb this year. I think they are a new design now (and a lot more expensive).
Ours do work, but on a back roads country run, nothing is going to shop the muck from dirtying your behind! Testament on the Cotswold Run 2 this year!
They do look pretty cool though!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your advice.

Edna, were your mudflaps mini ones? Or were they from somewhere else? Also do they look overtly visible from behind?

Cheers,

Nev.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I live on a dirt and gravel road, and I have a dirt and gravel driveway. Any trip up or down and the back of the car looks like someone threw a bucket of mud on it. I have a power washer in the garage and hit it every once and a while, but lets face it, all my other cars look that way too. I guess you just learn to live with it after a while. Don't wash the Land Rover very often. If I am going anywhere I expect people to look at the car, I stop by the $1.00 car wash on the way there.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
I have the Orciari kit installed on my car and the new wider rear bumper and larger spoiler made a significant difference. Not saying it stays clean though... ;)

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Thanks. It seems to be popular around here though. Four cars now have it installed. Still fun though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did a comparison with my wifes Rav4 and my Mini, 1500 dry kms without cleaning them. My Mini looked fit for the scrap yard but the Rav4 was virtually unmarked, no brake dust and no dirty rear end.

I've never had a dirt magnet like the Mini before, no cure for it either.

What about a set of those anti-spray truck mudflaps, sure they'll scrape the ground mightily but they could keep your rear end cleaner!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Edna said:
We have a set of mudlflaps fitted to our MCS, when we bought it in Feb this year. I think they are a new design now (and a lot more expensive).
Ours do work, but on a back roads country run, nothing is going to shop the muck from dirtying your behind! Testament on the Cotswold Run 2 this year!
They do look pretty cool though!

Hi,

Don't suppose you've got any photos of the "new design" mudflaps ? I want to fit a pair but the current mini design stinks ! :rolleyes:

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Why was everyone having a dirty bum after Cotswolds ...... schhhh, blame the organiser ;)

Hey, a dirty rear can look good, sometimes after a run I leave my car grubby for a while, it looks kinda neat, it's real, ben used, rallied a bit, knows how t o have fun ....... know what I mean :confused: you should have seen mine at the START of the Darkness run :D

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
Why was everyone having a dirty bum after Cotswolds ...... schhhh, blame the organiser ;)

Hey, a dirty rear can look good, sometimes after a run I leave my car grubby for a while, it looks kinda neat, it's real, ben used, rallied a bit, knows how t o have fun ....... know what I mean :confused: you should have seen mine at the START of the Darkness run :D
For me, I really love my MINI to be clean :D Front and back, all over and always :D It means I have to wash the car ever second week but ..... I know what you mean about the car being "lived in" or "used", however I love the "new" look much more! :)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:

I have to say I agree about the raced look Soggy but I have a complaint! My bum wasn't really dirty after the Darkness run......well not as dirty as it was after the Cotswolds run. I don't think it will ever be that dirty again :D

·
Back from the dead!
55,481 Posts
Minnie Mouse said:
I have to say I agree about the raced look Soggy but I have a complaint! My bum wasn't really dirty after the Darkness run......well not as dirty as it was after the Cotswolds run. I don't think it will ever be that dirty again :D

I'll second that Minnie, mine was shocking too :eek: :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello Everyone,

So, how do we all keep our cars clean when we are driving in the rain? Can you get mudflaps which prevent spray from hitting the back of the car? Or some other clever spoiler or something. The back of my car is normally covered in rain and mud (country roads) after just a few miles, and I normally wash my car twice a week!

Any advice?

Regards,

Nev.
Post resurrection, im from Molesey :) May see my JCW shooting around sometime, where are you?

-Stu

1 - 20 of 23 Posts