MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used them or wished that they had? Our R56 (Spice Orange) is somewhere in the Atlantic, should arrive in 4 or 5 weeks, and we're just considering what protection to put on before exposing it to the road. I've looked at a bunch of used Minis and a clear bra is a no brainer but I'm not really seeing any damage that mud flaps (just considering fronts) or magnetic stone guards would prevent. Am I just missing something? Do they cut down on splash and dirt, but not necessary for chip protection?

TIA and have fun...:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the mudflaps on the front and rear of my R55 and they do reduce the amount of spray on the sides of the car compared to non-equipped cars in my area.

- Erik

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking the same that it would be good to have some mud flaps on my MINI cause it reduces some dirt on the sides

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody used them or wished that they had? Our R56 (Spice Orange) is somewhere in the Atlantic, should arrive in 4 or 5 weeks, and we're just considering what protection to put on before exposing it to the road. I've looked at a bunch of used Minis and a clear bra is a no brainer but I'm not really seeing any damage that mud flaps (just considering fronts) or magnetic stone guards would prevent. Am I just missing something? Do they cut down on splash and dirt, but not necessary for chip protection?

TIA and have fun...:)
Hey there! I too have a 2012 R56S in Spice Orange and JUST installed the magnetic rock guards yesterday. I think they look nice and line up fairly well. They aren’t meant to be a permanent fixture so it’s important to remove them on occasion and make sure all is clean and clear underneath them. I’ve also ordered all around mudflaps for both looks and function. I think it’s a fun and practical accessory that adds some unique lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts