MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time on here so this may have been covered before so sorry if it has.
All it is, I'm a driving instructor using a mini cooper 08 plate and I'm sick to death of the door panels and back of the car getting so so dirty after only a 2 hour lesson. My last 07 model did not have this problem as much.
In your expert opinions, do I go for the mud flaps from the mini garage at a cost of £155 and are they any good? Or do I go else where and get some universal ones that would work better and be cheaper?
Any advice please! Many thanks, Jamie.

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
I fitted front and back ones to my R56 S. they cost me £30 for the set off ebay, and were proper Mini ones, have a look on there., they , came with all fittings . Fronts were easier to fit then the rear ones, as i needed to remove the rear wheels to fit them properly.
Mini far too expensive...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dunno about the R56 but the R53 ones are no better than useless. Your MINI has a filthy side. Let it be and enjoy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's a ridiculous price for what is two platic parts.
I've fitted them to my Gen 1 Mini and it took 10 minutes. From what I've seen the Gen 1 part and the Gen 2 part are similar so cant take much longer.

Have a look on this site to find the part:

RealOEM.COM * Online BMW Parts Catalog

And this one should allow you to buy them:

Cooper MINI Parts, Inchcape

I think it should be part no. 82160415114, but don't quote me on that ! ;)

Hope that helps.

·
I'm Behind YOU !!
331 Posts
ive got them fited to my mini r56 and its better if you take the wheels off to fit them , by them and fit them your self

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have just been to mini Sytner in Nottingham and ordered a full set of mudflaps front and rear

for my 2006 cooper and i have paid a total of just £21.41 and they even print off fitting instructions.

They are very easy to fit and would recommend going the same way and not paying the expensive labour charges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts