MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you will all have noticed by now our little fellows (ladies) seem to get very grubby, so I thought I would just let you Know that I have had a Quote off a BMW agent in Coventry for having a set of 4 mudflaps fitted. The price they quoted was £91 including VAT. Is this good? They are on order, and agent couldn't tell me what they looked like as he hasn't seen any yet. Anybody seen yet? Also agent has told me they will be fitting a new type of engine belt as they have discovered they are noisey on start up.I believe it is a recall.:confused:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Please use the search function to find pictures of mudflaps.

I have them on my car and I fitted them myself, it was very easy. Mudflaps cost approx £20 on their own.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BOB HEAPE said:
As you will all have noticed by now our little fellows (ladies) seem to get very grubby, so I thought I would just let you Know that I have had a Quote off a BMW agent in Coventry for having a set of 4 mudflaps fitted. The price they quoted was £91 including VAT. Is this good? They are on order, and agent couldn't tell me what they looked like as he hasn't seen any yet. Anybody seen yet? Also agent has told me they will be fitting a new type of engine belt as they have discovered they are noisey on start up.I believe it is a recall.:confused:

Have a play with the "search" function yourself Bob to get the hang of it, as I have just done (for the first time, I have to confess). But if you havn't got much time. Just click on the link below. Monsta has supplied a lovely picture of his car resplendent in "mud flaps". Plus a bit of a discussion on the subject for your interest.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2581&highlight=pictures+mudflaps

Enjoy !!!

:D

(PS. Sorry Monsta, I know your probably only trying to train us :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good Price

The price you have been quoted for the mudflaps I think is very good. I was qouted £150 all in by my local dealer!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I a got a quote of 91 +Vat just to fit, so went to Argos
bought a 20quid 2 tonne trolley jack and done it myself.

Trust me it is a piece of cake first rear one took about
45 mins, 2nd 20mins and the fronts about 30mins for both.

So got a great trolly jack and saved myself about 90quid

Go buy the Jack:D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
These are the part numbers and prices:

Front set: 82 16 0 136 806 - £6.50
Rear set: 82 16 0 136 805 - £15.00

Follow the link that Basil posted for pictures or visit my website: www.newmini.info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts