MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back of my Clubman auto resprays tself in Mud Brown every 100 yards or so. Does fitting front and rear mudflaps actually manage to keep the mud off the car?

The back doors are really horrid to open. You get covered in dirt everytime you need access to the boot. Apart from the mudflaps, is there some sort of air-splitter that would redirect the airflow into the low pressure vortex at the back of the car? This would then blow clean air down from the roof and keep the muck on the road.

·
Andrew ATC
725 Posts
Asked various dealers, who would have made a sale if they had been any good, but the constant line from BMW/Mini is, they are a waste of time.
I thought this was very honest of them, and obviously never bought any.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have to agree, my old Clubman came with mud flaps and the rears do nothing as far as I could tell - the back and sides were always plastered in mud!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its not just the clubmans that get caked in mud... its just all mini's in general. Its probably the one makor thing that naffs me off with them!
I bought some for the rear of the car and i can say that it did very little to keep the dirt off the back. Even more visible on a Yellow mini! lol :yone:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm heartened by the reply that the front mudflaps help a bit. I think an extra problem I have is my clubman is fitted with winter tyres. They really do throw up the dirt. As I think its unlikely to snow (shouldn't have said that!), I'll be refitting the summer wheels and hopefully the dirt on the back doors will be less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The dirt doesn't really come from the tires. The flat back causes a vortex behind the car that picks up dirt from the road and applies it to the barn doors. Had the exact same issue with my old TDI Golf.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Short rear overhang and a vertical rear bodywork....I reckon it's pretty much a given it'll get dirty - have you seen the back of a van???!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
ClubmanSOwner
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing