MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I wandered off to the parts place near work at lunch time to try to get some
mudflaps for my MCSC. Thought they would be the same as all others.
Guess what thwy are not listed as being available for the convertible, does
anyone out there have mud flaps fitted to their car ? If so can you tell me
if they are the standard ones or if there is another part number that is not yet
listed.

Thanks

Paul;

·
its all good
13 Posts
mud flaps

i had them put on my 02 brg m/c, i wanted to be different, they are very hard to put on, it took like an hour and a half (believe it or not)for the service guys to install, and it actually shows that time in the mini service for them to charge, but the most important thing is it looks HORRIBLE. it looks o.k. on the front but makes the back of the car look terrilble, it takes away from the nice curves of the lower part of the car.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'm interested to find out if someone has them on their convertible too, and if they help to keep that back window cleaner;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I thought they might make a difference on the cab, as there is no spoiler, and that sucks most the crap down on the tin tops, so was hoping that with mudguards that the cabrio rear window might stay a little clearer?

Any thoughts on my therory?

Is there anyone with a One and no spoiler that has them that can add comment?

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
i wanted front flaps because i was (and still am) getting lots of mud splashes on the doors from the front wheel spin. The hatch ones do not fit apparently and their is no alternative at present i was told

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Got the same message from the dealer, also wanting to try to keep the back
window clearer. I might get a set of cooper ones and see if they fit. If they don't fit
I'll put them on my SO's cooper.

Paul;

·
Registered
131 Posts
The hatch ones do not fit apparently and their is no alternative at present i was told
I've got them on the front so there are some available. I took some off my tin top and gave them to my dealer. He kindly fitted new ones though. I thought he'd said it was because it was a shame to fit "old" ones to a new car (although they were pretty clean) but perhaps there was a fitting issue. Anyway you can def get them.

Cheers
Dave

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
well I thought I would give RainX a go on the rear window, so put it on last night and will let you know how the other half gets on today;)

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
I've had Rain-X on all my glass since Day One. Not sure that it's made any difference to the rear screen - maybe I should have only put it on half the screen!

Out of habit I still keep going for the rear screen wipe control, only to find it doesn't exist!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
well the other half has said the same, RainX made no difference:rolleyes:

Oh and she still goes for the rear wiper too:p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rakey said:
well the other half has said the same, RainX made no difference:rolleyes:

Oh and she still goes for the rear wiper too:p
RainX is Bril' - We went away for a week earlier in the year and got caught in a rain storm. We travelled about 8 to 10 miles down a dual carriageway at about 60 mph in the rain and didn't have to use the front wipers at all! :) We could see very well.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Absolutely agree that Rain-X is great, but we're talking about the rear screen! So unless you hurtle around at 40+ mph in reverse, it doesn't seem to help that much.... Oh well, just keep the squeegee in the boot and give the screen a wipe every time you go for a spin!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts