MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about these for sure:

Availablity? - March?

Cost? £240 - I see it in the brochure with and without a leather wheel so I guess you cannot offset the £80 for leather against the £240 - anyone know for sure?

It does come with Cruise yes?

Anyone ordered one?

Dave

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
baldie said:

Availablity? - March?

Cost? £240 - I see it in the brochure with and without a leather wheel so I guess you cannot offset the £80 for leather against the £240 - anyone know for sure?

Anyone ordered one?

Dave
It comes with cruise yes.....for sure.

:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
My understanding is:-

1) It has cruse control & radio control functions
2) It is an option upgrade to the leather wheel ie you can't have the multi function £240 without the leather wheel £80 = £320 ouch you have got to be doing loads of motorway work to justify that, and if you have a MINI what the hell are you doing on a motorway you should be on some twisty B road.

Dave;)

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
baldie said:

Availablity? - March?

Availability is now - there were two cars at my local dealer today with the multifunction wheel (a ONE and a COOPER). If you have specified leather trim the cost of the multifunction wheel should in theory just be an extra £160 but I note that the configurator on the MINI UK website adds the full £240. Can anyone confirm the actual cost of the MFSW if you have leather trim? And yes, the wheel has controls for the cruise control; they are the buttons on the front of the wheel, with audio controls on the other side of the wheel.

As for the audio controls, once you have experienced the luxury of controlling the stereo from the steering wheel you won't want to go back! In cars without such controls I keep trying to press nonexistent buttons on the wheel and find it such a chore and a distraction to locate the stereo controls in comparison. So I would regard it as a near essential extra and perhaps as much a safety feature as air bags if you keep changing radio stations as often as I do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I Have MFSF

I collected my Cooper 19th December. Was I the first?:p At the North west MINI meet even the dealers were surprised.

I used to have a 5 series and it just felt a necessary part of the spec to me.:)

The cruse control is... well fantastic, and yes your right you use it on the motorway, but it's fantastic on Duel carriage ways with speed cameras, set it and relax.:cool:

The stereo controls feel great very nice and solid. I love it. :D :D :D :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Save 80 GBP if you get full leather upgrade!

When I opted for MFSW and full leather upgrade, I found myself saving 80 GBP on MFSW and have only been billed 160 GBP for the MFSW.

I believe MFSW is only available in leather at 240 GBP, breakdown as 80 GBP for the leather and 160 GBP for the multi-functions (cruise and audio controls). As reported elsewhere (GrahamG I think), it is a bargain IMHO.

Whether it is worth or not, I shall tell you on or shortly after 18 Feb 2002 :D :D :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
dcfkan

Your right it was me and IMO it is well worth it and as u say if u already have the leather wheel option (comes with chilli) u save another £80.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the MFSW too!

I have the wheel, so, to be clear:

1. On it's own it's £240
BUT
2. If you order EITHER leather wheel or Chili it's only £160.
3. It has volume, track, and function controls for the stereo.
4. It has cruise, which IMO is WORTH it. When you have to do m-way driving (most days to work for me) it saves effort AND petrol - MFSW will therefore eventually save you money, and is worth if for the stereo controls - much safer to turn the volume up on a r-about at 50mph when you don't have to look away from the road!

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
I asked my dealer how much thw MFSW was as a retro fit as it wasn't available at the time and he told me £400 and then the fitting!

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Doh!

I did not realise Chili Pack include leather steering wheel and gear knob until JV pointed it out! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thnaks all.

Our Cooper is to be replaced my MINI UK (see story under faults & fixes).

We will be speccing the wheel on our new car - £160 on top of the Chili price is a bargain.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts