MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm being lazy I know, (& I haven't done a proper search)
But...

Does anybody know if you can get your dealer to fit the multi-functional steering wheel to the S so that the cruise control function works? (Something I might be looking to get done if it's a possiblility)

And if so how much does this little job cost a poor fella??

Cheers in advance MINI2ers:D

·
Registered
281 Posts
M0D said:
OK, I'm being lazy I know, (& I haven't done a proper search)
But...

Does anybody know if you can get your dealer to fit the multi-functional steering wheel to the S so that the cruise control function works? (Something I might be looking to get done if it's a possiblility)

And if so how much does this little job cost a poor fella??

Cheers in advance MINI2ers:D
I've got it :D :D :D sorry, couldn't resist!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It would have been far more cheaper if you would have asked for it when prepairing youre car with the salesman..it is not a cheap option to do as a retrofit idea.

·
Registered
281 Posts
M0D said:
Swap for my chamois???
Er tell you what??? NO!!! ha ha :D

I haven't looked into it but I doubt its going to be that expensive, your only changing a steering wheel so don't let them rip you off. I know its been done before by people on here and I reckon you might pay around £200/£250 it can't be much more than that as it only costs about £150 as an option.

Might be worth asking when you take your car in for the Sunroof

·
Registered
36 Posts
Retro MFSW

Not sure on this one, but,

last i looked a the accessory price list it was £420 for a MFSW retro fit kit. thats without labour as well.

so no chance for me who was also interested in this. but like i said, i might be wrong - or livin next to the dealership from hell.

jon

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not the end of the world...

I just should have read up a little bit more when deciding my options...

The sunroof topped the budget at the time and that was more important to me than cruise control:)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ditto that minty...

the kit is £430 inc VAT, fitting would be approx £300 inc VAT.OUCH! well worth getting it when you order then!
That what i was saying to MOD...i wasnt trying to be funny.

Cheers

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That what i was saying to MOD...i wasnt trying to be funny.
heretohelp - No offence taken...you are correct all the same!!
I guess I'll just have to look at trading it in for a new one then?:p
I'll be down at the dealers in the morning...

Seriously though people,
(Bobbycrook stay away);)
Am I really missing out on this cruise control malarky, and do you think it gives you better mpg?

Just a theory - If your foot is away from the pedal, your less likely to floor the god damn thing - but then where is the fun in that???:confused:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With regards to Minty:
"Give me my arms and legs back you tight fisted, money grabbing BMW dealer, have no shame, I only wanted cruise control, why didn't you tell me more back then, haven't you made enough profit out of me already, corporation *(&^%^ SHARK.... I still love my car to bits so I will let this one go just this once and on this occasion only, thank you very much!"

But then again...
"OUCH!"
Sums this up very well for me!!:)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had this done to my car. Forgot about the steering wheel until it was too late.

Just found my invoice for the labour - £270 with the VAT.
The cost of the kit would appear to be £430 with VAT (part number 65.71.0.029.494) but I paid £329.36 inclusive.
Looking at that, I got 10% discount, but it looks as though I wasn't actually charged VAT!!! Only just noticed that! :D

Anyway, the moral of the story is, include it in your car order process! Even at the price I paid it's £600 for a £160 option. :eek:

Check out my gallery for before and after pics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
M0D said:

Seriously though people,
(Bobbycrook stay away);)
Am I really missing out on this cruise control malarky, and do you think it gives you better mpg?

Mod, My Lips are sealed ha ha :D :D :D It is nice though :p :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long dead I know

Hey,

I know this thread is long dead but I just wanted to check if anyone would still answer.

Is the steering wheel the only thing that is needed to be upgraded to get cruise control? i.e all the other wiring is already there?

I currently restoring a 2002 Mini one 1.6l and it has a non-MF steering wheel. I was looking at upgrading this but all the MF steering wheels that I see have CC on them as well as radio controls.

I was trying to find one without the CC so as to not have buttons that don't work but after reading a few of these threads and people talking about how the only thing they needed to change was their steering wheel to get the CC I thought I should ask.

Thanks,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts