MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have two days before I go pick up my MCSC and I'm mixing a CD of worthy music that will hopefully enhance our first ride together. The weatherman says we should have 70s and clear (gotta love living in Florida), so song #1 will likely be Jimmy Buffett "Ragtop Day" :cool:

Curious, what songs/artists did you play for the first ride? What do you play for road trips or for weekend cruising? What's currently in your CD changer? What gets the most airtime? And most importantly, why did you pick that tune?

I want to create the ultimate playlist. Gotta make sure I don't leave out any imperative tunes!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You have a MCSC? A true Motorist would drop that top and wind out that Super Charger! Heck you don't even need a radio or CD with that kind of music available!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but I've got a good 1500 miles of break-in period before I can truly open it up and hear its music. :(

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
I've been mulling this over for a long time...off and on since I ordered on a beautiful day in August.
This afternoon we'll get our new MCSC....we'll also get 8 inches of snow.

So my imagined first ride in the new car...up into the mountains for a spin...has turned into a quick dash home and into the garage to wait for a nicer day. <sigh>

I'm looking for a copy of that surf song about the guy who moves to New York...."My woody's outside...covered with snow" :(

Peter...who is still going to have the most exciting day in a long long time despite the weather...in Denver

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
I started building this long list and then it dawned on me, well two things. First, you should be listening to the car for a little while and then you should put on some Bob Marley. Oh yeah, the second thing, I now know what I am going to name my Mini, "Marley".

Some Bob Marley albums to play . . . I'd try and shy away from Live and Legend.

·
MINI2 Frequenter
52 Posts
I played Quincy Jones' Soul Bossa Nova (from Austin Powers) as the first song in my Mini.
It wasnt long after the 3rd Austin Powers film was released (which used a Mini) and I thought it'd be cool.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts