MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13,590 Posts
all new engine gone are the prince engines all bmw design 2.0litre very new design so no aftermarket parts yet. time will tell what reliability is . but would like to think bmw have had enough of all the bad press with prince engines and n47 engines, hopefully they have learnt their lesson and started building engines like back before year 2006, and getting away from the PSA group is about time. that all said the way he emissions and governments hate of anything fun to drive how that turns out who knows, i think mini have missed a good turning point really ie a performance based hybrid as vag group are planning

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have owned a 2014 CM JCW from new and that has been superb so fingers crossed.
I did have an SE for 24hrs but it didn't appeal, I am old school and like a car that has character and a responsive engine that growls. It is the only thing now that make the wife laugh is when I overtake and the JCW starts to growl as the rev counter flies round the dial.

Any idea on the options?

· Registered
57 Posts
Have you got a discount on the retail price ? I used carwow to get a quote on are cooper countryman and got 12 % off from local dealer but 14% from one 100 miles away so went for the 12% . This was on a factory order. I have never driven a JCW with 306 but but it should be fun.
Can’t help with the features and I found the dealers didn’t have a clue on extras so phoned mini uk and asked about a spare wheel and how it fitted in the boot.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I am going to order a 301bhp CM JCW at £40,000!!!!! There goes my care home fees.

Could some kind person explain to an OAP these options.

Active Guard
Driver Assistant

Thanks.
If only I had the money :).

Both the same thing according to this "Active Guard" is used by BMW and "Driver Assistant" is used by MINI.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/road-safety/autonomous-emergency-braking-what-you-need-to-know/

As well with ALL4 it should be able to put that power down.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly the deal didn't come off. The dealer very kindly let me have a car for the afternoon and that killed it. The ride was very joggly on country roads and the seat squab was too long and had a hard frame on the edge which pressed on the back of my legs, surprising what you don't notice on a short test run. Really the only reason I was changing was it was a new car and the dealer came up with an excellent px deal. Really there is nothing I like about the new model it has lost all its quirkiness so the wonderful 2014 JCW is going to be about for a few more years.

Thanks all for your help.

· Registered
57 Posts
I have alway found the base models of most cars drive better than the fast top end of the range . I just don’t think the JCW would look good with 16 inch wheels. We have the petrol cooper with the sport seats and have driven it to Paris and back and find it ok but would love the power of the JCW . I will remap are car when it’s out of warranty so the 1.5 T with 185 BHP should make a great little car I don’t understand why Mini don’t offer it as it was built to run at 180 BHP and would bring them up to date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.