MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Kaptain Krutaroo
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked it up on Friday - I'm not sure but I think I may be one of the first '05's delivered on the east coast of the US. I took delivery on Friday afternoon. This is my fourth MINI and my third MCS - without a doubt the best one yet!

Some to the very different changes I've noted from my previous (2) '02 models:

- Much better ride with the 17's - handling doesn't suffer - must be the new gas in the struts
- Much improved gearing - the 3000 rpm dead spot is gone and the power delivery is more efficient - previously with the 2002's you had to get it up to 4000 rpm to get anything interesting out of the engine. It almost feels like you've got a smaller reduction pulley in it!
- LOVE the interior - especially the anthracite headliner and the chrome w/ the interior body panels and half leather/cloth.

Pics are here!

http://homepage.mac.com/kdcollins/PhotoAlbum21.html

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
I think it looks great !!! You done GOOD

Mine will be a close cousin, minus the red interior body panels and 17" wheels and add the exterior chrome package with chrome mirrors and Sport Rallye Lights, plus I want to have a full panel of switches

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
outstanding

Kurt this is (almost) my car-- I have R84s and Chrome mirrors spe'd, that's it. You (we) have true classic(s) to be proud of, more so because of the rare AH. Now I'm really getting impatient! Jimbo

(Oh and you're a year ahead of the rest of us ;) )

·
Canyon Mini
310 Posts
Thats my car!!

:redblack: I can't wait to get it! Yours looks really nice! You got it really fast from build to delivery. I thought it took like 2.5 months from the first day of build to delivery, but you got yours in less then a month.I am supposed to get an August or September build! The Anthricite is really nice. I was told I won't be able to get it. Enjoy your new baby!! :redblack:

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Kurt's probably out having the motoring time of his life, so I'll field this one re prices.

For this car, virtually nada-- just $50 additional each for the Sport and Prem Paks. (metallic paint surcharge went up $20, but n/a here) Everything else price wise stayed the same as 04. Cool :cool: Jimbo

PS the red/black seats were $800, Interior Chrome $200, AH (when available) and CR interior both N/C. Whee!

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
kcollins said:
I think only about $500 for the base invoice and $50.00 on the option packages
K read your post after I posted my reply re prices. 04s and 05s have the same base price--no changes (yet). Dest charge is the same, as are most OEM options that are sold seperately from the paks, like the xenons and fogs and HK on my car. You're right aboot the $50 increase on paks, except CW. Jimbo

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Nice car bro!!

IT is very similar to mine:p

Except the interior... I was thinking about doing the interior in red, but Im now doing carbon fibre!!

I love the red and black... its very different in Australia everyone has CR/W... Ive got CR/B!!:p

Todd

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
kcollins said:
How do you think R90s from the MC40 would look with this car?
Better than awesome. They would look even better if the insides were black.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
16 Participants
Rawhyde
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing