MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MINI2 Fan
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We started with a second hand 2005 first-gen, post-facelift Cooper. Then, in 2010, on to a new Cooper Graphite. We're now waiting for our first Diesel MINI.. the Cooper Clubman D. Very much enjoyed a day-long test drive of the latest BMW-type Diesel engine. Expected delivery (they say!) is end Oct.

Brief spec:

Chili red with black roof. Chili pack, heated screen, heated seats, chrome line interior, 16" wheels with non-runflats. AND Harman Kardon audio which I have in my Cooper Graphite. I knew I couldn't do without the audio upgrade. Well worth the extra.

Like all new Cooper D drivers I'm hoping for some good fuel economy. In the petrol Cooper Graphite I get at least 8 miles per litre. Will the Clubby-D give me 11, maybe 11.5 miles to the litre? I do hope so.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with BB. The reviews for the 2011/2012 6-spd Countyman Cooper S (gasoline) are horiffic. I'm not going to put down $38-40K CDN for 1990's Hyundai build quality. At least there is enough data on the Clubman to be confident that it will last a decade or two if you treat it right. My first (BMW) MINI just might be a Clubman!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with BB. The reviews for the 2011/2012 6-spd Countyman Cooper S (gasoline) are horiffic. I'm not going to put down $38-40K CDN for 1990's Hyundai build quality. At least there is enough data on the Clubman to be confident that it will last a decade or two if you treat it right. My first (BMW) MINI just might be a Clubman!
The Clubman is certainly very interesting, no other car has those funky double doors, still able to throw it into the occasional corner almost like its three door sibling, not so sure you'll get a decade out of it, but they are fun to own!

·
MINI2 Fan
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is :)

Brought it home yesterday afternoon. Note the new style flat wipers... very smooth and effective. Number plate is photoshopped by the way.

Time to update my profile :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
i had a clubman s for almost 2 years and it was a superb car. 100% reliable and great fun. i was thinking of getting another one, but in the end went for a cooper sd hatch. i loved it though and i also liked the fact it was rare compared to the hatch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My only wish is that Mini would not force me taking the no-charge grey C-pillar package. I think it makes the car look ugly, and if I do buy a Clubman, that would be the first thing I pay someone to repaint everything back to body colour.

But they do look unique and can even fit a couple of whipper snappers in the back seats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts