MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am new to this site and found it when i was looking for some help with a car i have bought,

in march i bought myself a 52plate mini cooper in racing green, i have had no probs with the car whatsoever until last week when the airbag light came on, i would really appreciate if some 1 could tell me how to get rid of this it happened when i put the seat back and pulled it forward a bit too hard,

also i have found that one of my rear lights has a puddle of water in the bottom of it, so i am looking for some new ones, can anybody reccomend any that would look good with this colour of mini

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem and paid to get it fixed about 3 months ago. It came back on about a week ago. Would also like to know how to fix this. Thanks :)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Usually the airbag warning light is down to a wire under the passenger seat coming disconnected, or not making proper contact, making the system think that it isn't working at all. There was a replacement, longer part of the loom made to help cure this problem.

It's very common, search for airbag warning light and you'll get a LOT of results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i found this tool but not sure if it will work, any comment would be greatly appreciated,

also can anyone recommend any rear lights that would look good with this colour of mc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just been to my mates garage and he has managed to turn the light off for me, he has one of them computer thingies and only charged me a fiver for doin it "bargain"

thanks guys

pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its all in the right place and i got him to have a look at it first so fingers crossed should be ok, he said if needs be he will changed the wiring loom for me but we will see what happens.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have u any idea where i can find some lights from?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Is the loom a diy fix? or best to get it done at a garage?
The DIY fixes are:-
1. Buy the B200 Reset tool mentioned above and reset the light if it only occasionally comes on when the seat is moved.
2. Remove the faulty connectors from the wires under the seat and replace/solder/crimp in more secure fitting plug/socket connectors. Or just solder the wires together permanently and insulate with heatshrink sleeving. The soldered together wire option makes any future seat swap/removal more difficult though.

The BMW dealer garage option is much more expensive as they replace part of the airbag circuit wiring harness with new connectors for each front seat and of course charge high hourly labour rates. An independent local Auto Electrician would be a cheaper option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts