MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its taken long enough, but I have finally done it....installed the complete Aero Kit on my 2003 MCS!

There are still a few things left to do like the left hand side skirt mounting and removal of those HORRIBLE orange side markers at the front.

Thanks to Mini2 and helpful forum members I installed it all myself and people were always here to answer my queries.

Heres a few pics...the black mark on the side skirt is cow S**t....not a scratch, as the car hasnt had a good clean yet!!!

Tell me what you think of Minipirates front Aero decals!!!

Sorry for the picture quality as these are taken with a mobile and it started to rain!!

:)

Attachments

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mate im getting to the point where I'm thinking the modding front could go on forever and leave me VERY poor!!!

Was concidering vipers...but not sure. I may just save for a while a go for a GTT220 package in about 6-12 months time. I want to buy a house next year and this car could eat into my deposit quite nicely!!! PLUS the girlfriend is starting to get ****ed off with it all!!!

I expect I will see something someone has purached on here and will have to go out and buy it!!! LOL.

So you like the front decals....I'm 50/50!!! It looks so different compared to how it used to and I think I have to get used to them!

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
I get this:rolleyes: from my mrs quite often as well, I keep telling her this modding thing is like a drug:p.

What did your other half think of the CAI? Did she realise it was on:p

If (when:hmph:) I get the aero decals I'd have to get Phil's carbon vinyl one's, it'll match the rest of the vinyl mine has got already.

Looking at yours again maybe the 'honeycomb' pattern bit is a bit light, might look totally different if it was darker. Still looks good though.

·
Delete Cookies!
1,945 Posts
It looks great :cool:

I bought the MINI fog light surrounds, thinking they would be the same honeycomb effect as the grilles, but they were just cheap flat plastic!

The Mini Pirate ones look well

If my Wife gives me any grief over the money I've spent on mine I remind her that I don't smoke, play golf and rarely drink, so I could be blowng my money on these things with nothing to show :p

The other thing to do is get your parcels delivered to work so she doesn't know that you've bought anything and if she spots it on the car you say that thats always been there and that she must not have noticed before :D

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get this:rolleyes: from my mrs quite often as well, I keep telling her this modding thing is like a drug:p.

What did your other half think of the CAI? Did she realise it was on:p

If (when:hmph:) I get the aero decals I'd have to get Phil's carbon vinyl one's, it'll match the rest of the vinyl mine has got already.

Looking at yours again maybe the 'honeycomb' pattern bit is a bit light, might look totally different if it was darker. Still looks good though.
Yeah I wasn't sure if the honeycombe was too light or not!?! Its cause the other grills are so black!!!

The other half didn't notice the CAI which was a suprise!!! Shes not very good at stuff like that luckily!!!!

Yeah carbon ones would match well for yours!!

Not sure if I should get some more decals that are darker????

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks great :cool:

I bought the MINI fog light surrounds, thinking they would be the same honeycomb effect as the grilles, but they were just cheap flat plastic!

The Mini Pirate ones look well

If my Wife gives me any grief over the money I've spent on mine I remind her that I don't smoke, play golf and rarely drink, so I could be blowng my money on these things with nothing to show :p

The other thing to do is get your parcels delivered to work so she doesn't know that you've bought anything and if she spots it on the car you say that thats always been there and that she must not have noticed before :D
Thanks mate, so your a fan of the decals or do you think darker would be better??

Thats a very good point about the smoking...etc!!! Im in the same boat as you with that one!!!

Ony roblem getting stuff delivered to work is that I work from home!!!! HAHA

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
You mamaged to do the front bumper without any problems then - great

Loving the decals - how much wear they - just stick on??

Looking great - even not clean!! looks clean from those pics!!

I love that colour - thats my next mini

Well done you have been busy

Let me know if you manage to do the aero skirts without taking off

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mamaged to do the front bumper without any problems then - great

Loving the decals - how much wear they - just stick on??

Looking great - even not clean!! looks clean from those pics!!

I love that colour - thats my next mini

Well done you have been busy

Let me know if you manage to do the aero skirts without taking off
Yeah the decals were thanks to Phil @ Minipirate and they were £25. They are made from fantastic stuff, they are very thin but stick like super glue...highly recommend them!:D

Thanks mate, I'm really glad the way its turned out. I will be sorting the skirt out either tonight/tomorrow and eliminating those orange sidemarkers...I'll let you know how it goes.:smile:

I will probably take the skirts off as there is a nasty little gap between the body and the skirt which I want to sort out.:angry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts