MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Caffeine Fuel'd
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my MCS back from its oil service. The service cost was fine and I was happy with that. When I booked it in, I asked them to get in a button for the interior overhead light which was missing when I bought the Mini.

Cost of the Button £1.49. Cost of labor to fit said button..... £46.80 :eek:

I said to the guy when he talked through the bill, does it really cost that much to press a plasic button into a clip and he started flustering about how the services department round up to the nearest quarter of the hour blah blah... but really... if I had of known I would have just taken the button and put it in myself. I assumed they would just bung it in when they did the service, I didn't know it would require a separate work job.

Consider me stung :angry:

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
1/4 of an hour - so they charge £187.20 an hour? Someones having a laugh!

I'd ask them to remove said button and stick ** ** ***** **** :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Such a joke when things like that happen, doesn't do the dealer any favours when they cant even do something so easy for free out of courtesy!

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
did they not give you a written estimate of how much the parts and labour for that would be? if not, i'd think you'd have a case for not paying. that's quite rediculous!

·
Registered
810 Posts
They do take the p**s, when my Mini went in for an oil service they told me that they need to unbolt my alarm siren to get to the filter and wanted £75. I told them to forget it the car now goes elsewhere.

·
Caffeine Fuel'd
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did they not give you a written estimate of how much the parts and labour for that would be? if not, i'd think you'd have a case for not paying. that's quite rediculous!
No, they verbally said the button would cost £1.49 and they would 'pop' it in during the service. I think I'll look elsewhere in the future, they also wanted £388 for fitting two new run flats which they said were on or over the limits, so I told them not to bother with. I've seen the much much cheaper elsewhere. For little more than that I could replace the entire set with something else.

Oddly enough the car passed it's MOT last month before I bought it, so either my recent trip to Scotland really did the tyres in or the MOT tester was a bit shady.... or the dealer wanted even more of my money :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts