MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I'm reposting into this subforum because of the geographic relevance.)

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure where else to turn to so I hope to enlist my fellow Mini enthusiasts to keep an eye out for my beloved 05 Mini Cooper S. British Racing Green, White Top, White Stripes, White Rims (Picture attached).

California License plate 5KHL837

The thieves took it from my garage in San Francisco. To make matters worse, they have the key to it too. A friend in the SFPD told me that they'll more than likely be swapping out license plates. I know that the chances I'll recover it are slimmer than slim but I had to try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Um, how'd they get the key? That's probably what allowed them to steal it. There's no "hotwiring" these MINIs; you have to have the key with the transponder chip in it to get them to start and run. Otherwise, you could use a flatbed to steal a MINI.

Val

·
Registered
507 Posts
Um, how'd they get the key? That's probably what allowed them to steal it. There's no "hotwiring" these MINIs; you have to have the key with the transponder chip in it to get them to start and run. Otherwise, you could use a flatbed to steal a MINI.

Val
Hi I asked him that on his first thread, no reply.... I hope he hadn't left it in the ignition :redface:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts