MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would put a few pics up of my newly acquired mcs as I am very happy to now be in the company of fellow mini drivers. Any advice or recommended changes welcome!

Does anyone know of any general meets in the essex/north london area??

Also what is the rough cost of the JCW 220 upgrade. Spoke to my nearest dealer and he now keeps sending me emails about part exchanging my car? Pretty confused!

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi and welcome to Mini2,

Great little car there, loving the colour coded arches.

E-mail the dealer back and explain that you are not looking for a 'Works' car but are looking to keep the car you currently have and add the JCW kit to it.

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
I have more or less the whole JCW package bar the performance head and revised supercharger:

JCW 210 kit (injectors & intake) & JCW Exhaust system

The whole JCW210 package consists of:

• 380cc injectors
  • Intake system
  • JCW Exhaust system
  • Performance head (polished exhaust ports, nothing else).
  • Revised supercharger (as fitted to cars after 09/2004)
  • Smaller (-11%) Supercharger pulley (which increase boost)
The cost from a dealer is circa £2500/£3000 and in real world tests most have seen 190-195bhp of the quoted 210bhp. The 225 kit adds a performance manifold available from the ex-bmw John Cooper Garages (minimotorsport/tony franks). A guy called "Snowie" on here as more details i believe.

Amongst other things I had most of my JCW bits supplied and fitted through an ex mini2 sponsor for half the price of BMW, mine made 235bhp on the standard cylinder head too ;) . PM me if you want any details :) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts