MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wooo hooo.... the day finally arrived! I went for a test drive on 9 July and (of course) ordered my MCS immediately.. Then began the long long wait and the traumas of deciding on colours/extras etc etc and boring your friends with all that MINI talk while you wait for your baby to arrive. Joined this Forum and soon became a regular visitor here...

Finally Friday 16 Oct came and it was time to collect the car!! Well.. by the time I got to the garage my legs were a little like jelly and were a few excited butterflies in my stomach - must have hidden it well because the salesman said "you look calm" - little did he know!! Anyways... within a minute of two he'd popped around the back of the showroom to get my car, he drove it round to the front with horns blaring - and she looked every bit as wonderful as i'd hoped!

Think Simon (the salesman) might have finally thought I'd flipped though when I showed him my matching nailvarnish!!! Well done boots no7 for having a perfect match for BEP!

After the MANY MANY signatures and long (but helpful) descriptions of how every button worked I was finally let loose to drive her!. Well. what can I say. During the months of waiting I'd thought interminably about what colour for this, what style for that, but I'd just about forgotten just how wonderful, and FUN, the test drive had been.

Within a couple of minutes she felt like I'd been driving her for years. The gears changes were smoother than my Audi, and the oomph.. well.. she goes pretty much like s**t off a shovel - even when you are taking care not to push her too hard in the early miles.

I love the panoramic sunroof, I love the interior, I love everything about it basically - the only "problem" I've found so far is that the rear view mirror "wobbles" rather annoyingly when you go over the smallest bump. Mind you if thats all I find I'll be quite happy!!!

Just now I'm finding any excuse to drive her anywhere - and I think that feeling will last for a LONG TIME YET.

I'm going to Edinburgh in December and right now I'm thinking of driving (from Portsmouth!) - just wondering how I could fit in a trip to Mikeythemini on the way to get my Denison fitted!!!

I'd considered using the Carphone Warehouse route to get it fitted but since their website doesn't show pictures and the guys in the shop at the weekend (chichester branch) didn't even know what one was I didn't feel a lot of confidence in handing over my Purple princess into their care! (Anyone know of anyone as reliable as Mikey but a little bit nearer to Portsmouth to install my Denison?? )

I'm going to try to post a couple of pictures here - although like most others the pictures don't show her true "purpleness" - unfortunately as soon as I bought her the sun went in ... I'll take some more when the sun comes out - and hopefully get her on a more purple day.

Oh yes, and I flashed a MINI in Porsmouth (02 Indi Blue I think it was) over near Fratton station and got a wave back! Thank you whoever you are - you've spurred me on to flash some more!!!

I'm planning to put some Cooperflags racing stripes on her in due course....

Anyways... here she is...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great story, great car! it's awesome, and so can understand your feelings about it... I'm still waiting for my Cooper (to arrive in January), and just can't wait... It's gonna be a long 2 months... My friends and family won't talk to me anymore if I use the word Mini one more time!! :D

I was thinking about getting BEP for my cooper 2....But went for Astro Black now... It's a safer decision, but when I see the pictures, it looks damn awesome... If you read this(and that will be not very soon probably cause you will be driving around all day I suppose), enjoy your new Mini!! Happy motoring :cool:

Marc

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mini Marcus said:
If you read this(and that will be not very soon probably cause you will be driving around all day I suppose), enjoy your new Mini!! Happy motoring :cool:

Marc
LOL I've read it --- I should be in bed but I'm too busy chatting to people about - guess what - yes the new Mini..

Ooh well I know i'll not have trouble getting out of bed for work tomorrow as I'll get to drive her again ;-) She's starting to look dirty already :-( I've not washed a car by hand for 8 years plus but I think I will soon have to start!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.