MINI Cooper Forum banner

My car got KEYED !

5078 Views 25 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Max Hooters
I got to my car last night which is parked in our office car park and found someone has keyed the rear panel ! The dirty ****ing ****ards have pressed pretty dam hard and left a two foot key mark in my pristine white paint... I am totaly gutted...
If some of the damage can be polished out can you get any type of infill that could help??
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
That sucks dude, why do people do these things?!
Your not alone chap my astro black cooper S got keyed over the weekend aswell,
All the way down the drivers side door across the little wing over the plastic trim on the wheel arch and flicked onto the bonnet, the scratch is down to the metal on all panels,

Got a qoute from a body shop was 150 so its going in on thursday fingers crossed they do a good job?

As for infilling the scratch you prob would be better off getting a few qoutes from some local bodyshops.
I'm sure any kind of mickey mouse repair kit you buy from a shop wont really be up to the job.
Also from my DIY skills i end up making things look worse then better lol
Oh no! And we were just feeling the love yesterday too. Poor MINI. I had the same thing happen to my side just above the petrol cap. Its so upsetting.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
Sorry to hear this, makes my blood boil hearing things like this. If I caught anyone doing this i'd implant their keys in their head!!:angry:
£8 0 0 . . . . . . . . .
That is what my friendly dealer has quoted me to repair the panel !
I am going to try and buff as much out as possible at the weekend... And then decide....

Ther is 24hour CCTV, sadly it pans around every couple of minutes so there was no footage of anybody causing the damage only cars leaving...

No happyness for me today... Just totally pi**ed that a person should do this to anybody!
God makes you feel sick

Some people are just scum
I got to my car last night which is parked in our office car park and found someone has keyed the rear panel ! The dirty ****ing ****ards have pressed pretty dam hard and left a two foot key mark in my pristine white paint... I am totaly gutted...
If some of the damage can be polished out can you get any type of infill that could help??
yeh me too :(

deep key scratch picked up at start of week, got bonnet and right down side to rear panel, 4 parts damaged (luckily didnt get to metal, slight red left), havnt managed to get a quote yet, went to halfrauds for a starter quote but the manager had dissapeared! so, so did i, bored waiting!

So annoyed, i now park in a local business car park with CCTV and night lighting until my NCP car permit arrives, i only plan to park there in the evening, i only live 5 mins away.
looks like there is a spate of them

someone keyed passenger side of Pepe last week along door and rear panel

Maybe able to smart repair not sure yet

If i catch the slime who did it they will feel my key scraped along there rear panel for sure!
£8 0 0 . . . . . . . . .
That is what my friendly dealer has quoted me to repair the panel !
Sorry to hear about that, I would be devastated if someone did that to my car. £800 sounds a lot though, have you tried getting quotes direct from paint shops? My housemate had her astra keyed, all the way across both doors - she got it repainted and some stone chips and a bumper graze covered for £300 and it was a top job. I managed to scrape the wheel arch of my old car (mondeo) on the gatepost into my boyfriend's and got it repainted for £130, you wouldn't have known it had happened at all. both cars had metallic paint. I think £800 sounds far too high.
my mum had a keyed door fixed by chips away and they did a great job i think it was about £150
Not good, I know how you feel my Mini have been done three time
my mini recently got keyed down the side panels, cost £510 to get repaired at a local body shop.
its so frustrating.
Mine was keyed last week in Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth all down the passenger side - luckily they did not go down to the metal so by using Scratch X I have managed to get the paintwork back to nearly original condition. First car I have ever had scratched in many years of motoring. From the posts here there seems to be a spate of this on Minis.
Really Gun Wharf Quays? Was there any CCTV footage?
ah mate, really sorry to hear you got keyed!
just got my mini back from the body shop and all in all they did a fair job for the money! apart from the plastic trim over the wheel arch. I had to go back round for them to tidy it up.

What they said they did was "fill in the little scratch on the platic trim with some kind of filler then rub the whole platic trim down and then re-apply the texture with some kind of spray" but when i picked mini up the trim looked all dull and blotchy. But never the less its back round there now. I stuck my head in the door and the nice shin seems to be coming back on the trim.

It really works me up that you save up to buy the car and some **** keys it and you have to pay someone to repair the paint work. I was so happy to own a car with original body work..

But nevermind could have been alot worse thats what i keep telling myself lol
See less See more
wherE abouts did the keying happen?

Help other mini owners avoid same places
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.