MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
i'm the dude!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the car was delivered in mid-april, it has been having constant problems. Transmission swap at 6000, been in 3 times for an airbag light that is flickering (still isnt fixed) and numerous other things. I love my car, i dont wanna get rid of it, but its a pain to bring it to the dealer 3 times a month. I ended up calling 1866 ask mini yesterday to complain. The guy seemed like he wanted to help so he said that he was going to contact the service department supervisor and go through all of my service records and get back to me today. Well, i then told him that i was bringing it in tomorrow (which is today) to have the coolant tank checked as it has been leaking all over my garage floor, windows rattling - not keeping a seal around the windows and airbag light once again. He then explained that the service tech supervisor will have all of my paperwork and speak with me when i get there for my appointment.

I sat there for 3 hours (school wasn't open yet so i couldn't leave) - nothing. Not a phone call, not one person talked to me about the issues with the car.

I'm not hard on the car, its my daily car. Use it to get to work, school and drive around every once in awhile. I don't race or rally with it, so that shouldn't be the cause of all this. The car is also bone stock and the only additions where the ones done at the factory...

I was looking at the site yesterday about people's experiences with talking with the dealer and convincing them to get another car to replace the one they had. Is that the route i should go?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check the requirements for a "Lemon-law" situation in your state. You may have a case for a replacement car. You're only talking 6 or 7 months ownership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts