$21700

still hesitating on HK system(hmmm)

Don't want sunroof too heavy
Don't want leather too slippery
And yes I like the stripes

·
Registered
783 Posts
Anyone know what the HK system will cost? I want the Sport Pack, (red?) leather, and the sound upgrade if reasonably priced. What I really want is the 16" wheel/tire combo that is optional on the Cooper. I asked my dealer if it would be possible to get it (my idea was to swap with a Cooper owner who wants the 17"), and he said he, "Would probably be able to" do something about my wish. We'll see.
Sport seats are listed as standard on the S, but are also listed as part of the S Sport Pack. Misprint, or do we get billed twice????
I have three color combos written on small cards, posted on my tack-board. I change the order as my mood dictates. For the past week, red/white has been on top, with dark silver/white second, and BRG/white third. If I can get dark silver with red interior, I probably won't be able to resist.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
RickB said:
Anyone know what the HK system will cost? I want the Sport Pack, (red?) leather, and the sound upgrade if reasonably priced. What I really want is the 16" wheel/tire combo that is optional on the Cooper. I asked my dealer if it would be possible to get it (my idea was to swap with a Cooper owner who wants the 17"), and he said he, "Would probably be able to" do something about my wish. We'll see.
HK is $550, leather $1,250 and Sports Pack another $1,250.

Seems to me that a dealer should have the R83 5-star wheels in the parts bin and you should be able to swap them straight across for the stock R84 X-lite wheels. You could then buy DSC ($500), Xenons ($500) and fogs ($140) separately.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good call, Miniac. Of course, I wouldn't want the all-season tires that come standard with the S, so I'd need the Cooper-optional hi-perf tires, too.
I see the new option/price list does not have the sports seats included in the S Sport Pack, so that seems to have taken care of itself.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
MINIAC said:
Seems to me that a dealer should have the R83 5-star wheels in the parts bin and you should be able to swap them straight across for the stock R84 X-lite wheels.
...That's certainly the way it works here in Aus (though in reverse, as R83 is std issue & R84 is n/c option)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts