MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.

Thought Id share some pics of my Cooper after I spent quite a bit on modding it up a little! (I think I've done what I wanted to do on it.. but Im sure I'll think of something else very soon!)

Heres what it looked like before...

And I got the following done...

Got rid of the squares between the 2 stripes (hours worth of hard work!)
Got a british number plate!! (free!)
Replaced the orange side repeaters with clear ones (around 7 quid for the lot)
Upgraded from 16" runflats to 17" non runflat tyres/alloys (£435)
Got an aero grille conversion! (£88 from ThinkMini! awesome price!)
Replaced the silver mesh at the bottom with a mini one black mesh to complete the look.(15 quid from Sytner)

And it now looks like this!:D

Really happy with it now.. Decided against a full aero kit which would have set me back over 600quid!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats one of those 'I might take it off when I have time but its not bothering me at the moment' things!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purposely missed! Couldnt be bothered taking the badge off.. thought that noone would notice it.. not unless I take a good quality picture and supersize it.!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont know mate.. looks like it came that way to me! I tried the Wipac lights on but they didnt go with the car at all.

Any ideas what else I can get done?.. Give me reasons to keep my wallet light!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Purposely missed! Couldnt be bothered taking the badge off.. thought that noone would notice it.. not unless I take a good quality picture and supersize it.!
he means the ones round the fog light. Looks better now though, I agree it would look better without the massive 'COOPER' down the side, would also look better if you got rid of the side exit exhaust cutout

·
Registered
988 Posts
You should be able to get a Cooper S black trim for the rear bumper - this will have the middle cut, but not the side one.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
or you could get cooper s bumpers....

i would also lower it, get a nice little spoiler and a light smoke all round tint :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lowering it had crossed my mind.. especially after seeing how the new tyres look.. it could do with being a tad lower. How much am I looking at roughly in terms of price? (springs labour etc).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys think it would look better having the whole black stripe off the side of the car.. or just leave a black stripe that covers the cooper bit..

As for the badge.. I think the guy before took it off to put the square on.. it doesnt look like theres just bits stuck around the badge.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would get rid of the whole of the side stripes personally, I'd also get rid of the bit of vinyl round the rear badge and the bit round the foglight, It seems daft to me to spend loads of money buying nice wheels etc for your car and then leaving somthing like that. Its looking better though with your new mods, consider lowering and cooper s bumpers then it will be really nice

Richard

·
t o t a l m i n i . c o m
2,758 Posts
Dont know mate.. looks like it came that way to me! I tried the Wipac lights on but they didnt go with the car at all.

Any ideas what else I can get done?.. Give me reasons to keep my wallet light!
hey! firstly i think the mods you have done look great!! however i agree, i think if you got rid of the cooper up the side and possibly considered lowering it? i got my eibachs for my cooper and they really do make a huge difference!!

the aero grille conversion looks great but again you should look into possibly an aerokit or possibly cooper S bumpers! i did that on mine and with the aero grille kit, looks fab!

also the centre exit trim on the back bumper is easily swapped out with a genuine cooper S trim, they just clip together and it fits the standard bumper too! that means that you wont have the side exit there anymore!! ;)

heres what youre car would look like with the cooper S bumpers!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts