MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that was interesting...... I just got a looooooooooong yelling session from my coworker, apparently my Mini obsession has gotten to other people.

I have told you all about the fact that I look at Minis all night long here at work, I've told you all that I talk about the Mini alot and here's the proof.... My coworker yelling "I hope they give you a goddamned car so you'll shut the hell up about them!" and then going on and on about how I just go off into my own little world when I am looking at them and how when they brought me an advertisement out of a magazine I went on for the next three hours talking about the Mini.....

When he stopped to take a breath I asked him to write a testimonial for my website... I think he wanted to rip my head off right then... :p

Of course, he also said I should just give up on having one :(

·
New MINI Severns Club
983 Posts
EefsJ_JArc said:
Yeah, but nobody's ever yelled at me before about this.... I kinda feel wierd....
You shouldn't do. You're the normal one! Its the co-worker that needs to see the light... ;)

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe.... that's my opinion anyways!

I dunno though, maybe he's right and it's just not good for me to keep this up (meaning all this mini loving and such) like he said "I don't have one and it's time I accept it.." :rolleyes: People must think I'm nuts

In other news, I just thought of the perfect name for my Mini if I ever get it.... I can't believe I am getting paid to sit and think about that lol. :D :cool: :p

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
i normally get the comment "get a life" when referring to MINIs.

or

"car in dealers again, whats broken this time" :rolleyes: remarks...

I always run the MINI screen saver on my PC at work and have MINI backgrounds... a few posters around the desk too.:D

infact ive got a snorty and co cartoon about how the new MINI was born too :D

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scooperman_uk said:
I always run the MINI screen saver on my PC at work and have MINI backgrounds... a few posters around the desk too.:D
I had a Mini background on this terminal's pc, they didn't like that AT ALL! Tonight I found one online that, if I had my own computer, would sooooooo be my background lol.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
EefsJ_JArc said:
Hehe.... that's my opinion anyways!

I dunno though, maybe he's right and it's just not good for me to keep this up (meaning all this mini loving and such) like he said "I don't have one and it's time I accept it.." :rolleyes: People must think I'm nuts

In other news, I just thought of the perfect name for my Mini if I ever get it.... I can't believe I am getting paid to sit and think about that lol. :D :cool: :p
shudnt u both be working ?
;) :bad: :(

obsession's ok addiction's not ....> am off to see my therapist now

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
I always get the mickey taken by workmates and friends and general rolling of eyes... but no one has ever yelled at me. I think you're workmate is jealous... no need for yelling ever :mad: There's much worse things to be interested and obsessed by.... Do you have greater obsession for your horse or your Mini? :)

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
My mother always asks me if I can talk about anything other than MINIs.

I say nup.... MINI blah blah blah MINI.

Your cow orker is a tool for yelling at you. What sort of demented person gets cranky cause someone else has a passion. He needs to be shown the light. You must talk about MINIs not just MOST of the time but ALL the time until he loves them as much as you do :)

·
Flustered MINI Buyer
15 Posts
I had a dream about a mini last night. When I got up this morning the girl who was sleeping next to me told me that I was saying something about CVT and Black Eye Purple. :confused:
Needless to say she was confused and a little weirded out when I told her what it all meant.

Mini obsession is ok.

I haven't done any work in the last 3 days because I've been too busy researching Mini options over and over again. Once my order goes in I'm sure I'll work again. Till she gets here of course. :)

Oh well... back to "work" I go.
SMN

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also suffer from Mini-Lust. My co-worker also does not get it. He thinks that all cars must have 500 Cubic inches of V8 power and gasoline is still $0.30 a gallon! He can not grasp the concept that a small car can be driven at 9/10 or 10/10 all of the time! I sent you a PM and would like to know the web page for the Indy Mini Club. I live near by in Avon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
SizeMattersNot said:
I haven't done any work in the last 3 days because I've been too busy researching Mini options over and over again. Once my order goes in I'm sure I'll work again. Till she gets here of course. :)

Actually once I ordered mine and started tracking it, I got even less work done than before. Extremely addicting! I take delivery in a few days, and I'm scared to see how little work I get done then!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts