MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Themikanic
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I invite comment please.
My Mini Cooper S Chilli arrived at the dealership today after a 4 month wait from production. My dealer forgot to order the DSC control that I optioned.
The company offered a new order for December, making an April '05 delivery.
I asked about retro fitting at the dealership & he quoted $10,000.00 that the dealer would have to pay the factory.
Where do I stand on this stuff up?

Michael. :ebblack:

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
How about the dealership "throws in" an LSD to make up for the long delay you must now suffer before your correctly spec'ed car gets delivered?

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
Themikanic said:
I invite comment please.
My Mini Cooper S Chilli arrived at the dealership today after a 4 month wait from production. My dealer forgot to order the DSC control that I optioned.
The company offered a new order for December, making an April '05 delivery.
I asked about retro fitting at the dealership & he quoted $10,000.00 that the dealer would have to pay the factory.
Where do I stand on this stuff up?

Michael. :ebblack:
There have been a FEW times I was glad I had DSC-really saved my butt! I live in New England where we have lots of rain,wet leaves,snow ,ice etc. I don't know about the weather down under , but unless you plan to do alot of driving in the above mentioned conditions,I don't think you'll really miss this feature. Most of the time I drive with it off.I find the car just drives better.If you ever plan on autocrossing the car, you'll definately want it off,in fact,GBmini in the above thread makes a cicuitry retrofit that disables DSC unless you specify otherwise(coupled with an awesome auto-up feature for your windows!) I'd consider taking ownership of the car as-is,but definately make the dealer squirm to the tune of as many goodies as you can. Good luck ,mate. Jock

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
Themikanic,
I'm not so sure I would worry about the lack of DSC. I currently have it on my '02 MCS but will not be specing it on my new '05 MCS. I have found, like the others, that when the going gets tough, the DSC gets turned off.

When I go autoX I have to remember to turn it off or it will kill my times.

Make sure that you make the dealer pay dearly for their mistake, get as many dealer installed options as you can. Compile a shopping list of only the dealer installed options that you might want to add and have a "sit-down" with the manager or owner of the dealership and go for the jugular.

Does the contrac that you both signed have the missing DSC specified? If so you will be on solid ground in the discussions. They obviously failed to deliver the car as ordered. They should do something to make ammends for their mistake. Remember, always be polite, do not raies your voice, do not make threats, but be firm and stand your ground.

If you don't mind waiting until April then you stand a good chance of having the dealer pay for the addition of a LSD and the would be really cool. The LSD is the only reason that I am trading up to an '05. Sometimes the wait isn't so bad if you get what you wanted in the end. I had to wait for seven months for my current MCS and it was worth every single minute.

Good luck!

·
Themikanic
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My DSC saga.....

Thanks guys for your constructive comments. I had the DSC on the order, among a raft of other things. The information on my Contract included the DSC. The fault lays with the sales guy who didn't transpose the information to the Factory.
The dealership has been very apologetic about the whole thing, but I cannot take another 4 months without a reliable car NOR the impending Summer without my MCS JCW I have been looking forward to acquiring since July.
The dealership has offered a few sweeteners, so I shall see how this all pans out on Sunday when I take delivery.
The real problem, I believe is the uniqueness of our cars & the time from order to delivery, which obviously cannot be accelerated in any way. Otherwise I'd just order another car to the correct spec.
Thanks, Michael :ebblack:

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I have to add too guys,

Iknow Michaels car and he has already ticked alot of boxes... it is one of the highest specced minis I have ever seen!! So its going to be hard to find anything else to get!!

LOL
Hopefully it is all sorted soon!!

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts