MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me, I am totally obsessed with doopy, I just needed to start this thread from order to delivery-
It's only a very basic Dooper- Pepper white with pepper pack and MFSW.
I'll miss my current A3- but boy how boring does it look at the side of a mini.
Anyhow- doopy is getting built week 34 and SHOULD be with me by the 1st September- I hope it'll be immaculate with no defects- and no swirls.
I am wondering wether I should ask the dealer not to wash it- but it would spoil the experience of picking up the car and I probably wouldn't see any defects if it was left dirty.
How do you guys cope with not thinking about delivery date constantly!!

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
the wait for my dooper is killing me... ordered June 16th, not 100% sure of my pick up date yet, hopefully next week. (phoned this morning but the dealership appeared to be closed, straight to answerphone) a lot of places are closed for two days after the "twelfth" in NI...

I've sold my old car though so i am wheels-less at the moment, it's quite annoying but at least I am off work this week

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Placed the order on the 3rd but decided to wait for the 58 plate.
So another month and a half wait!!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Pah thats nothing :p I waited nearly 6 months to get a car that broke and I only kept for 3 :hmph: :p

Good luck with it, im sure it will be fine :D and we will want to see pics ;) :D :p

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure will take plenty of pics, I truely can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good luck with the new car!

After many months deciding I’ve dropped out of the Dooper and back into the Cooper the extra 2K was just not worth it in my case as it’s a second car. So after months waiting and looking at Doopers I’m now looking at Coopers so unless there is a Drop in price with the credit crunch I’m heading the cooper route.

Love the whole idea of the Dooper all the same…with its MPG and road Tax.

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
18 days... I just can't wait!!! No news from the dealer though, hope all is ok!
Doopy is geting built next week! Yeeeeeeeah!!!

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
not long to go now for you! I've 1500 miles on mine already :D

Had to take it back to the dealer for a day as there was a fault in the seat stitching so they had to replace the seat :frown: the dealer loaned me a petrol cooper as a courtesy car... i was so disappointed in it, not nearly as much fun to drive as the D! You will love it!

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you're enjoying it!!! Sorry to hear about your seat, hope mine will be 100%. Nothing worse than a new car with some sort of fault!
I tried the petrol cooper and it felt dog slow, had to rev it like mad to make any progress but then again I am used to dervs!

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
I tried the petrol cooper and it felt dog slow, had to rev it like mad to make any progress but then again I am used to dervs!
that's exactly how i felt! maybe it's because i am used to diesels too but i did try to rev the nuts off it and still didnt feel like i was accelerating hard! ah well, probably better that i didn't like it, then i'm not sat wondering "what if i had saved that grand and got a cooper!!" Did you phone your dealer to ask for an update? I must have been on to mine 6 or 7 times when i was waiting!!

wasn't too bothered about the seat, would have been more worried if it was something mechanical, having read super_dooper_cooper's thread on her dooper it put the fear of god in me... but, touch wood, everything's fine and the miles are racking up nicely.

my only problem is that everyone sees the brake dust on the wheels and automatically assumes that i have been thrashing it - nonone believes me when i say it's normal...:hmph: ...then i say "but look at the onboard computer it's showing an average of 65mpg...."

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thetope I followed your advice and phoned the dealer. Apparently it's here!! God knows actually what that means when I think about it! Dealers? Or just been built?? Either way we're not far off!!!
He said the saleswoman I dealt with will ring me to sort out registration plate etc. Exciting times ahead!!!!!!!

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
Hooray! it must be at the dealers getting cleaned up and sorted out to be ready for you. Just as well you phoned!! I would maybe mention to them that i was a bit disappointed in their lack of communication, say it's not what you would have expected from MINI etc and see if they can't throw in a freebie or two...eg upgrade to rubber mats, mini merchandise or something! That's bad craic! MINI do phone you about a week after you pick it up to ask if you were satisfied with the dealer, handover and general customer service so if you hint that you were disappointed and might report that back they might be nice to you! ... on the other hand, they're probably thinking the sale's in the bag, don't need to worry about being nice now...

·
Registered
135 Posts
hmmmmm

if ur saying ur car is getting built next week and should b with u by 1st sept..........mine was ordered last fri and the dealer said on monday it was already set to "build" on his puter.....so would i b same as u??? get mine by 1st??? :D

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw it today at the dealers!!! All fresh and new with the plastic protecting the seats!! I can't wait for the 1st, it really is going to be longest 12 days of my life!!:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey there again...just curious?...have u had ur reg plate and everything sorted out????? i'm so curious about mine but dont want to be annoying the hell out of the dealer all the time. i'm positive he said 1st sept for me also but it was only ordered on the 8th this month, is that even possible that quickly???

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is possible. I found out mine was build week 32. We're on week 34 since Monday the 18th.
Don't be scared of asking your dealer for anything, I only went the once and she very kindly said do you want to see your new car? i was well chuffed!
The saleswoman I dealt with wasn't there today , they said she'd ring me on Thursday to sort out the reg plates.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts