MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
t o t a l m i n i . c o m
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to buy my first MINI and would like some help on what to look out for when buying. i will be getting a ONE or COOPER, not a COOPER S as I will not be able to afford the insurance on a COOPER S.

Thanks for the advice in advanced.

Michael

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Might help if you say what you are looking for though :puzzled: New or second-hand?!

Ive had 2 MINI ONES and loved them both :) Now got an S and that is awesome, though I understand the reason why you wont be buying one.

I have a Cooper at the moment as a loan car and I have to say, after slating the petrol Cooper when they first came out, im actually quite enjoying driving it :eek: though naturally, put me back in the S and the Coop is a distant memory!! :D

Welcome to MINI2 by the way :)

·
GABY
27 Posts
I have a 2003 Mini ONE and love it. To be perfectly honest there is no difference between a ONE and a Cooper apart from a few things ( depending on what year you want and whether it be new or used )

The cooper has a few more specs you can have but the MAIN difference is the power.
( 01-06 )
Power:
ONE - 90bhp
Cooper - 115bhp

Insurance Groups:
ONE - 5
Cooper - 8

My car has gone through so many different problems so i would recommend getting a car after 2004 so you wont have that many problems. Iv had my gearbox replaced, clutch changed, manifold put back on :confused:, heat shield replaced and window motor changed lol

But a thing to look out for is definatly the gearboxes on models before 2003 as they tend to go pop even under standard power. Try to test drive a few cars to find one that doesn't rattle too much, they all rattle but find one that isn't that bad.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose! :) Hope some of this has been helpful?

·
t o t a l m i n i . c o m
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, i'm looking for a second hand one as i can't afford a new one.

i will be looking at one of the first ones (so am expecting a few problems)

once again thanks for your help

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Have a look through the Classifieds on here, you may find something your after :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts