MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally got my first mods onto Peps :D:D:D

Also changed the yellow interior lighst for Some White LED Plates, look much better I think :nice:

Original Colour of Puddle Lights:

New Colour Puddle Lights: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Big difference as you can see from this pic - both doors open:

Interior Dome Light:

Footwell Lights:

Glove Box Light:

Boot Light:

Kimmy

(LED Plates supplied by friend who imports them in, if anyones interested in them I can get some prices for a group buy maybe? Come with all fittings and is plug and play.)

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
fuel cap mod does wonders for it,

its on my list of things to do.

for under 80 quid aswell you cant go wrong.

quick question tho, was there any tricky bits to doing it, ive read a tut but just wondered as you've just done it whether theres as asked any tricky stuff to it.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I would be interested in the LED bits but only if they don't come up with a warning message. Let me know.

·
Mull Fember
134 Posts
Wow...those LED's look much better than the standard bulbs!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments, the LEDs do not cause the warning lights to come on as the computer does not monitor interior bulbs if you see what I mean. So no problems on that front.
There is also no need to 'mod' any of the fittings as they all come with adaptors and fit back into its original housing with no bits hanging out as such, with the exception of the boot light as I wanted a bigger LED plate so I have taped the LED plate to the outside of the housing rather than putting it back in.

I must say the Fuel Cap mod was not excatly difficult, but was not really what I would call easy either. It was a pain to get the old bowl and fuel hose out as you are just worried that you might damage something on a 3 week old car. Theres a annoying bit with the locking mechanisim, which isnt difficult but just fiddly.

I would not suggest to try this if you have not changed anything on your car before, but with some knowledge you should be fine.

·
Mull Fember
134 Posts
Are all the interior lights the same size of bulb?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts