MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
What Happened?
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i get about 32/33 in my cooper - although on a little run i did 10 miles on 1 bar! :O lol

glad you likeing the D Carl! I only ever seen one or 2 Oxygen Blue, they do look good with a JCW aero kit on :p lol
Thanks. I saw an Oxy Blue one the other day in Oxford, we gave each other a little wave. (Not in a gay way).

I'm not going to bother with any kits, I'm going to keep the car pretty much standard, although I might get Phil to do a zipper jack on the roof if I ever get round to it.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Thanks. I saw an Oxy Blue one the other day in Oxford, we gave each other a little wave. (Not in a gay way).

I'm not going to bother with any kits, I'm going to keep the car pretty much standard, although I might get Phil to do a zipper jack on the roof if I ever get round to it.
fair enough! yea Phils zips do look good! would look good unzipping some oxy blue vipers ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's currently at 70.9 according to the computer, my neighbours is at 62.5 and she has had her car for about 18 months IIRC.
hi carl , keep a look out for me in bicester i,m having an aero spoiler fitted on friday , now i 've seen your mini on here i will give you a flash of my lights and a thumbs up, phil.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have certainly noticed that the car does less to the gallon in cold weather. Recent averages on the OBC are 47/48 mpg which is in London driving. Best ever tankful was 510 miles which the OBC indicated as 62.3mpg.
Keeping the revs down and changing up early on the Cooper D helps the fuel economy tremendously- as some posters have commented keep the revs below 2000 as any revs over this are expensive in fuel terms.

·
What Happened?
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have certainly noticed that the car does less to the gallon in cold weather. Recent averages on the OBC are 47/48 mpg which is in London driving. Best ever tankful was 510 miles which the OBC indicated as 62.3mpg.
Keeping the revs down and changing up early on the Cooper D helps the fuel economy tremendously- as some posters have commented keep the revs below 2000 as any revs over this are expensive in fuel terms.

Oh Calamity!

I've been doing some around town driving yesterday, my MPG has gone down to 69.9

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Have any of you driven the car over a tank to see what mpg you get if you cruise / drive the car extremely gently?

I have a Cooper S and managed to average 50mpg (measured at the pump) once getting over 560 miles from one tank (50 litre tank) - literally driving at 50mph everywhere using cruise control.

I reckon it's possible to get over 80mpg from the Dooper using the same driving technique - has anyone achieved it? :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
70MPG? I wish!

Picked up my 57 Dooper a couple of weeks ago and even though I'm driving at no more than 60 and most of my driving is motorway I can still only get 63 mpg on a full tank.

Would the 17" alloys be a factor??

21 - 33 of 33 Posts