MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My First Rally Experience::
This was really a fabulous day, I was expecting to have fun but nothing like this! First off I would like to thank Cheryl (President of The Mini Car Club of Indiana) for allowing me the privilege of joining her as a guest for this event, as a long-time Mini lover this was really a day to remember, to say the least! The people I met today were incredible; it's not often that you meet people this willing to share so much as an elevator with a stranger, let alone their own car for a few hours! To my fellow Rally Members of Car 32, thanks so much for making it a ton of fun to join you... You didn't have to be so polite and make me feel so welcome but you did... And I thank you. (Singing ZZ Top song in her head now...)

So now here's my bit by bit account of the day....
A good drive up, being in the Mini alone could've made that drive the best I've had in quite a while but when I saw the turnout of Minis and all of those fellow enthusiasts I was almost 'giddy'. After a quick run to Kinko's all was well and we set to getting things rolling, literally. lol. While numbering cars it was a challenge to keep my mind on which number I was assigning, all of those beautiful Minis and I got to enjoy them up close! It's almost too much for a single girl that's faint of heart ;) lol.... I joined up with what would become my fellow car members and after waiting in line we were on our way!! The ride itself was a blast, nothing like hearing these wonderful cars being worked :) The route was a great one, with many challenges but not enough to make you want to give up. Finding each clue revived your enthusiasm and the beautiful surroundings were definitely a gift on such a lovely day. Our team did well in my opinion, we may not have won but it was all about enjoying the good company and great cars and that we did accomplish!

I look forward to many more outings with the club, perhaps I will have to wait until I find the Mini that's meant for me but if that's the case then it was a blast, and a privilege, to have met you all and to have joined in such a great day. As of the end of my shift on Monday morning I will have been awake for 48 hours, and in my opinion it was worth the costs!!! I can't wait to see those photos up on the website or however those will be distributed! :)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Sounds great Tiffany :D Glad you had fun :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tiffany,

We were glad to have you! You'll enjoy yourself so much more when you not stuck behind "MINIwildcat" and at the wheel!

Motor On!

Carissa

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rissmini said:
Tiffany,

We were glad to have you! You'll enjoy yourself so much more when you not stuck behind "MINIwildcat" and at the wheel!

Motor On!

Carissa
Lol... Oh he was a fine driver! My car was the best I could've been in! :cool:
But yeah... I'm sure it's more fun when you're the one behind the wheel! :p

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I just didn't want to put up any photos with other people in them and have them upset if that wasn't thier cup of tea.

I've been obsessed with the Mini since I first saw them in the US, in fact teh first oen I ever saw in person was when a friend and I were coming home really late from the stables and we couldn't help but stop and take a look in the windows lol. We're lucky we didn't get the PD called on us :p

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
MINI obsession is a good thing. im so used to MINIs (living 10 miles from BMW UK headquarters and 20 miles from the MINI Factory), im lucky enough to see them almost everytime im out and about.

The odd thing is even when im not in my MINI i still find myself waving at other MINIs that pass by irrespective of what car im in :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.