MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we've all seen them on ebay from holland, but i took the plunge last week and bidded on one, i was a little dubious as there a lot of fakers around, But i won it for 140 pounds, and it turned up this morning and i can confirm it is 100% genuine in genuine box and brand new. and all for 140 quid, i mean i paid 50 quid for just the gearknob. So my advice is get on ebay and track one down whilst theres still some available. And no i don't know how this guy is doign them at that price, but hey no questions no scary answers. he has bothe 5 piece and 3 piece.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
jcw dash

hi ant i was looking at a jcw carbon dash from germany. on ebay. is this the same man:biggrin:. looks good but not sure

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm sure we've all seen them on ebay from holland, but i took the plunge last week and bidded on one, i was a little dubious as there a lot of fakers around, But i won it for 140 pounds, and it turned up this morning and i can confirm it is 100% genuine in genuine box and brand new. and all for 140 quid, i mean i paid 50 quid for just the gearknob. So my advice is get on ebay and track one down whilst theres still some available. And no i don't know how this guy is doign them at that price, but hey no questions no scary answers. he has bothe 5 piece and 3 piece.:D
I used a similar seller from Germany to get my R56 two piece CF dash. £100 delivered and totally genuine / brand new. Retail is £330+

No questions asked:smile:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Obvious question, but not mentioned in his auctions; he does have right hand drive ones, doesn't he?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cool, thanks. My alloy patina has a scratch in it so at that price I may as well get the JCW one to match the exterior JCW CF parts I have

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine arrived today and it was fitted in about 20 minutes. I haven't seen the car out of the garage since to get a look in the daylight, but it's quality CF (just like the other JCW exterior bits I have) and it certainly changed the look of the interior..

·
Noob
247 Posts
Mine arrived today and it was fitted in about 20 minutes. I haven't seen the car out of the garage since to get a look in the daylight, but it's quality CF (just like the other JCW exterior bits I have) and it certainly changed the look of the interior..
Argh! I'm soo-oo jealous!

How much did it come to for you in the end - free shipping? You're not in Australia are you?

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
thats a pretty decent price! Im watching one at the moment, shame he doesnt sell the steering wheel with carbon bits as welll

·
john cooper's granson
23 Posts
i have also got one of these from ebay, real deal product:)

was just wondering if anyone had a fitting guide? please could they send it to me!

ed

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have also got one of these from ebay, real deal product:)

was just wondering if anyone had a fitting guide? please could they send it to me!

ed
There's an FAQ for the 5 piece dash. The 3 piece basically just unclips with a careful tug.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Has everyone thats got this set, bought the carbon downtubes as well?? Anyone got other downtubes fitted that look good with it, apart from the standard silver ones??

·
Registered
158 Posts
Personally I think that the downtubes would be overkill as you need some contrast. The steering wheel and gearknob/handbrake would finish it nicely.

If I had anything else in CF beyond the JCW stuff it would be on the doors.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts