MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
cud it be that they had a laser-jammer / garage door opener on the car anmd your detector picked up the signal from that ?

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
J1JPE said:
cud it be that they had a laser-jammer / garage door opener on the car anmd your detector picked up the signal from that ?
maybe they had a garage door opener conversation:confused: :p

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
J1JPE said:
I recon it was that was well.;)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Max said:
Whoa, what is this then? :eek: :eek:

Driving today down A350, fast straight stretch.....

An oncoming grey Mondeo with flashing headlights doing over 100mph sent my laser detector beserk! :eek: :eek:

Mobile fast laser?????

Eek. Any ideas anyone???

Max :red:
Both flashing, or alternate flashing? Police cars are fitted with a laser speed detection thingy (trust me ;) ) so it might have been an unmarked traffic cop.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
If it has Cruise control on the front of some cars-this uses Radar to judge distance-Could of been that-But probably not on a Mondeo!
Most likely unmarked Car.

·
Damned
4,525 Posts
My S5 is always getting activated by Tractors, I put it down to them using high power CB radio, as it is also triggered when I approach & pass a tall CB mast a few miles away

This Tractor Warning System has actually proved useful on a number of occasions when I`ve been driving a tad Briskly on Country lanes.

It also gets triggered if someone else with an S5 fitted gets around 15ft behind Mine, something to do with radiated I.F. probably :(

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts