MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
cud it be that they had a laser-jammer / garage door opener on the car anmd your detector picked up the signal from that ?

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
J1JPE said:
cud it be that they had a laser-jammer / garage door opener on the car anmd your detector picked up the signal from that ?
maybe they had a garage door opener conversation:confused: :p

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
J1JPE said:
I recon it was that was well.;)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Max said:
Whoa, what is this then? :eek: :eek:

Driving today down A350, fast straight stretch.....

An oncoming grey Mondeo with flashing headlights doing over 100mph sent my laser detector beserk! :eek: :eek:

Mobile fast laser?????

Eek. Any ideas anyone???

Max :red:
Both flashing, or alternate flashing? Police cars are fitted with a laser speed detection thingy (trust me ;) ) so it might have been an unmarked traffic cop.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
If it has Cruise control on the front of some cars-this uses Radar to judge distance-Could of been that-But probably not on a Mondeo!
Most likely unmarked Car.

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
My S5 is always getting activated by Tractors, I put it down to them using high power CB radio, as it is also triggered when I approach & pass a tall CB mast a few miles away

This Tractor Warning System has actually proved useful on a number of occasions when I`ve been driving a tad Briskly on Country lanes.

It also gets triggered if someone else with an S5 fitted gets around 15ft behind Mine, something to do with radiated I.F. probably :(

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
ALD0
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing