MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys - seen this on fellow Mini2ers and had to have it done.

Sorry pics dont do it justice - taken on digi vid cam :( as sis has taken Digi Cam :mad: ;)

Anyway just thought id show you 30min work (if that)

it looks better in the flesh (so to speak) subtle and special :p

so make sure to visit me at the Cotswolds ! ;)

I was gonna do the grill also but not sure how im gonna fix it and hold it in place??

May just leave it as it is?

Or i could do the lower (under the number plate in mesh) just not sure how to take that off!

Anyway enjoy the pics fellow lovers!!

Updated - couple more pics :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
next car i get will have to be black your car shines ! it looks great i recently did the same to my Indi Blue MCS added the mesh for the hood scoop and also spray painted my front and back black inserts Chrome the back are easy they just pop out from the inside the front is a little tricky have to remove the front bumper to get to it but definitly worth it here are some pics :D :D :)

Attachments

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
Sorry ressurecting a dead thread, but just a quick questions, how did you attach the mesh to the scoop?

Looks really good by the way

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
easy as pie to do just dont drop the screws into the engine :eek:

ive had mine on for a fair while now so i need to cut a new piece of mesh from the huuuuge sheet i got and put a fresh clean one on for summer :D

they do get dirty and are hard to clean due to the sharpness bit like a cheese grater :)

looks trick and not many people have it :D

·
1,532 Posts
I need one after yesterday's incident on the motorway, was unfortunate enough to fall behind a gritter, managed to get pieces of salt and grit stuck in the intercooler! Lucky managed to get em out with the aid ofa hoover PHEW :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
lbb try to get stainless steel as opposed to the aluminium, as it just corrodes. I avoided aluminium when I did it on my first cooper because of this, specialy with all the salt on the roads at the moment.

Tempted to do it again on the S, but its much more difficult on the Aero Kit than the normal Cooper and S bumpers due to the fitments, hence not done it on the present Cooper.

Attachments

·
1,532 Posts
Cheers Damo, got my SuperLs fitted btw, check my gallery ;)
Just need lowering and some mesh i nthe scoop! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Damo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing