MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Unfortunately it was only a toy one sent to me by the BMW/MINI Marketing bods:rolleyes:

Looks pretty cool though - BRG, white roof, white bonnet stripes

Wonder if the paint used is a match for the actual BRG used on the car? - I like it... I like it a lot

Did anyone else get one?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
rich said:
...Unfortunately it was only a toy one sent to me by the BMW/MINI Marketing bods:rolleyes:

Looks pretty cool though - BRG, white roof, white bonnet stripes

Wonder if the paint used is a match for the actual BRG used on the car? - I like it... I like it a lot

Did anyone else get one?
Sure did Rich, Mines Liquid Yellow, white roof/sunroof, bonnet stripes.

I was so overcome I've even publicly thanked them.....I think it's bloody amazing....... If we get this level of service AFTER we take delivery, we should be very happy MINI owners.......

Happy Christmas buddy:D

Ps. It's not a toy, it's a "model", so no playing with it ok.....lol

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Hey, how come I didnt get one:confused: :confused: :( :(

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
smiffy said:
Hey, how come I didnt get one:confused: :confused: :( :(
Maybe BMW's christmas spirit is confined to Australia.

By the way it's 6.00/7.00pm on the East Coast of Australia, and in Brisbane its currently 40 degrees C........

Merry Christmas !!

PS. North Wales have the best roads in the world!

·
Registered
213 Posts
An Australian freezing...!!!!!

Basil

Thanks for reminding me how warm it is back home!

Bristol is a balmy 7 degrees C today after being -3 overnight!

Enjoy your MINI's in Oz - did you know they are cheaper there?

I am going to sell mine here when I decide to return as it is to expensive to pay the import duty and GST taking it into Australia.

All the best and put a prawn on the barby.

Garry

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: An Australian freezing...!!!!!

Garry said:
Basil

Thanks for reminding me how warm it is back home!

Bristol is a balmy 7 degrees C today after being -3 overnight!

Enjoy your MINI's in Oz - did you know they are cheaper there?

I am going to sell mine here when I decide to return as it is to expensive to pay the import duty and GST taking it into Australia.

All the best and put a prawn on the barby.

Garry
Blimey, I was born in Clifton, and I miss the cold, especially at christmas......it's been 42 degrees in Brisbane today......unusualy hot even for this time of year.....I've been here 14 years and still can't get over the Heat in Summer......

Yes the "S" especially at $39,995 is dirt cheap going on exchange rates alone......but then a lot of other cars here are dirt cheap in comparison too.....I was going to bring in my old X19 in '87, but the import duties killed it. I believe they are more lenient now. Your UK spec MINI would not comply with ADR anyway......speedo not allowed in the middle for some absolutely bloody crazy reason. The Toyota Yaris has it's speedo in the middle and they are driving around in oz no problem.......sorry I have to say it...ADR obviously consist of a bunch of wankers that miss the wood for the trees.

have a great cold Christmas......

·
Registered
213 Posts
Australian Design Rules

Basil

I can only agree with your comments about the restrictions placed on imports by the Australian Design Rules.

I read that MINIs with the central speedo would need to be modified for Australian use.

Australia offers the best value for MINI Cooper S' in the world!! And there are more standard equipment levels than here in the UK. My car on order is actually costing 50% more with all the 'add-ons'.

I actually live across the road from Clifton in Sneyd Park. Last Boxing Day there was snow on the Downs (as you probably heard). This year it is much warmer and the sun is shining today.....:)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Rich, I've also posted to other threads about our superb gifts from BMW Australia, the MINI Team and our local dealers.

I'll be responding to them by snailmail to let them know of my sheer delight in their Christmas generousity.

I'm certain that we've all made the right choice, and we just hang in there for our babies to arrive.

Happy New Year to you all.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Here's mine. What does yours look like

Just thought I'd have a show and tell:

Nice models. Even the tyres which have rotational tread on them are all facing the right direction. Of note is that the 5-star 16" Alloys do NOT have the centre cap. This is missing and theres a little mini sign in there. Looks great. You can see it's nuts !!

I'll take it off it's stand soon and see if it pulls to the left.

:)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Nice shots Basil.

Exactly like mine. My dealer told me recently that MINI did try to send specific colours based upon customer order. That's why I got a yellow one.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
They look really good but if we wanted one of those we'd have to fork out around £20 from a model shop :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
smiffy said:
They look really good but if we wanted one of those we'd have to fork out around £20 from a model shop :mad: :mad:

Ahhh, thats why they call Australia "The Lucky Country"

Yes they are worth about $50AU or so from BMW dealers.

Eltel!! Do I read you correctly. You have a "Yellow" Cooper S on order ?

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Yes, Basil. I do have a Liquid Yellow 'S' with white roof on order.

I believe that the 'S' will come in yellow. I chose this colour because it looks great and is a unique combination, as in there are no other cars on the road that look as distinctive.

But on Friday I went to my dealer and he has a black Cooper with white roof, and it looks just outstanding. The bits of chrome really stand out on the black and it looks cool. And I noticed on the weekend that the most expensive BMWs and Mercs are all black.

So at the moment I'm undecided. Dealer says that one of their first deliveries in March is a yellow/white and therefore I can see that combo before I put my order in. I now know what the black/white combo looks like, so I'm nearly ready to decide. Plus the black gives me a few more interior choices that the yellow doesn't provide.

I don't like Electric Blue, nor the Dark Silver. There will be lots (as if we'll see more than one other Cooper 'S' in a month!) of BRG and Red units bustling about, so they're off my list. The Velvet Red looks great, but I'd need to see it first, and not interested in Pepper White as I want a white roof.

Leaning towards black and white 'S' (with perhaps a checkerboard roof).

Regards, eltel

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Re: Here's mine. What does yours look like

Basil said:
Just thought I'd have a show and tell:

Nice models. Even the tyres which have rotational tread on them are all facing the right direction. Of note is that the 5-star 16" Alloys do NOT have the centre cap. This is missing and theres a little mini sign in there. Looks great. You can see it's nuts !!

I'll take it off it's stand soon and see if it pulls to the left.

What size is that model? 1:18 or 1:43?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I'd say it's a 1/43 model :)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Yes they're 1:43.

The bonnet opens, the wheels rotate, the wing mirrors reflect, they're great.

It was a great Christmas surprise from MINI. I just hope that I get the real thing BEFORE next Christmas.

Regards, eltel

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
eltel said:
Yes they're 1:43.

The bonnet opens, the wheels rotate, the wing mirrors reflect, they're great.

It was a great Christmas surprise from MINI. I just hope that I get the real thing BEFORE next Christmas.

Regards, eltel
THe Bonnet OPENS !!!!........blimey there's a bonus christmas present, i tried it but didn't want to force it.

Thanks eltel.

Your S sounds great..... :eek:) Theres a picture of a Black S with a white roof and bonnet stripes kicking around here somewhere..have you seen it ?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eltel said:
Yes, Basil. I do have a Liquid Yellow 'S' with white roof on order...
Leaning towards black and white 'S' (with perhaps a checkerboard roof).
Yes, I like the idea of the CB roof on black. It would even make that darned yellow look good too;)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Basil said:

Theres a picture of a Black S with a white roof and bonnet stripes kicking around here somewhere..have you seen it ?
Yes thanks Basil, I've seen it and I like it. I think you posted it, didn't you?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts