MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word that my Mini has it's own Chassis number now :) it must be very close to being born. Excitment Building!!!!
Although it's now to late to change to the factory fit interior chrome line :mad: :mad: didn't like it but after reading a thread and one of the guys said it reminded him of the 1960's Cooper S It was like the peny dropped, and all of a sudden it was Yes i have to get it. But I can't :( :( :( :( Does anyone know where I can get it aftermarket?? at a good price.
CHeers
Brett

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now hoe do I track it progress through the Factory??? can i even?
Cheers Brett

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
brett said:
Now hoe do I track it progress through the Factory??? can i even?
Cheers Brett
I've seen codes in the FAQs for where stuff is in the great MINI production process, but the folks I've called at 866-ASKMINI have only been willing to say it "started production" and nothing else. I'm with you, though, in the painful wait. Our car started being built on Friday morning, and here it is Thursday and nothing's changed on the ol and I got nothing else from the folks on the phone.

Maybe they should have webcams in the factory to really drive us nuts: "wait, was that _my_ PW/B car that just had a wheel dropped on the Bonnet..."

-Eric

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
twouptons said:
I've seen codes in the FAQs for where stuff is in the great MINI production process, but the folks I've called at 866-ASKMINI have only been willing to say it "started production" and nothing else. I'm with you, though, in the painful wait. Our car started being built on Friday morning, and here it is Thursday and nothing's changed on the ol and I got nothing else from the folks on the phone.

Maybe they should have webcams in the factory to really drive us nuts: "wait, was that _my_ PW/B car that just had a wheel dropped on the Bonnet..."

-Eric
Nothing probably will change for a few days. It takes "10 days" to complete production. At that time, it may sit in Oxford for a week prior to going to Southampton and getting loaded on a boat. So if production started on Friday, your MINI will be completed on this coming Monday.

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
CooperSAZ said:
Nothing probably will change for a few days. It takes "10 days" to complete production. At that time, it may sit in Oxford for a week prior to going to Southampton and getting loaded on a boat. So if production started on Friday, your MINI will be completed on this coming Monday.
But the annoying thing is all these other folks whose cars are built in only 4-5 days and then are magically done... (or who say they are – you never _really_ know)

There are, for example, a bunch of other PW cars in the October group that all were finished earlier this week, as if there was a batch of PW cars. I, of course, want ours in there, too, no matter how poorly that meshes with reality :)

I guess it's the down side to all this information. If they had just said, "It's going to take eight weeks, and we will tell you nothing", I would've been worry-free for at least five weeks...

-Eric

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
twouptons said:
But the annoying thing is all these other folks whose cars are built in only 4-5 days and then are magically done... (or who say they are – you never _really_ know)
Agreed. When I spoke with MINI, they say "10" days, but the car is completed in 3-5. When I asked what the other days were for... I received the following, "time allotted for quality control checks..." So who knows!

That would be great for you if your MINI is in there! Maybe jump a little head of the game. Early arrivals are always welcomed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts