MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
miniminymoe
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :confused: I was a bit puzzled, to put it mildly, as to why when I check the OL it gives me an Estimated Delivery Date of 9/3, when others whose Mini's traveled with mine on the EMDEN- arrived Charleston 7/31 have a 8/14 EDD.

At first, last week, my MA told me the car would be ready for pick up on or before 8/10, now I am told it may be waiting for a truck to transport it from Charleston and that they only know from a fax they get each morning as to what cars are put on a truck to them, so they will tell me when my car gets on a truck.

I called AskMini, got a very helpfull person on the phone who told me that the EDD is entered into the OL site by someone at the VDC, and the dates are usually very accurate. I asked why my EDD was 9/3 when others were 8/14 he said that it could be several things, a spot Customs inspection, A spot QC check or....I hesitate to even say it, but a body repair???

Anyone ever have this situation happen or have any info that may shed some light?

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
hjacobs475 said:
:confused: :confused: I was a bit puzzled, to put it mildly, as to why when I check the OL it gives me an Estimated Delivery Date of 9/3, when others whose Mini's traveled with mine on the EMDEN- arrived Charleston 7/31 have a 8/14 EDD.

At first, last week, my MA told me the car would be ready for pick up on or before 8/10, now I am told it may be waiting for a truck to transport it from Charleston and that they only know from a fax they get each morning as to what cars are put on a truck to them, so they will tell me when my car gets on a truck.

I called AskMini, got a very helpfull person on the phone who told me that the EDD is entered into the OL site by someone at the VDC, and the dates are usually very accurate. I asked why my EDD was 9/3 when others were 8/14 he said that it could be several things, a spot Customs inspection, A spot QC check or....I hesitate to even say it, but a body repair???

Anyone ever have this situation happen or have any info that may shed some light?

Thanks!
:)
That's a bummer, it certainly ruins one's excitement. I had a simmilar issue with my 2005 MCS. At first it was delayed because of the '05 window sticketrs not been ready, it then was held up for an extra week :(

I suggest you ask your MA/Sales manager to contact (e-mail) the VDC to find out specifically what is causing the delay.

From what I understand "If the car suffers damage in excess of 3% of it's value it has to be disclosed to the dealer." So make sure to ask your dealer to share any info they get from VDC...

My tracking log:
07/12/04 - Vehicle "Discharged" (from Vessel?)
07/15/04 - OL's Estimated Delivery Date - NOT Met
07/21/04 - "Requested for Processing"
07/23/04 - "Processing Work Order" was opened
08/03/04 - "Released to Transport"
08/06/04 - To be Delivered

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
My 05' MCS is currently on the TURANDOT and is expected to arrive at the New Jersey port VDC tomorrow (8/6). I'll let you know how long it takes to get to the dealer. One thing I should add though, Princeton MINI is just over an hour from the VDC ;)

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
I hope you get your mini soon. :)

When you do get it make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb, check every panel and seam to make sure everything is ok before you pay for it.

·
miniminymoe
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lukebuzzy said:
I hope you get your mini soon. :)

When you do get it make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb, check every panel and seam to make sure everything is ok before you pay for it.
you can bet I will check every inch out...if I take it.
Depending what I hear is going on today athe VDC.

·
miniminymoe
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoke to the sales mgr, would you believe they are holding off delivery of "all" the mini's for now, because...get this now...the center caps and cup holders are missing and the VPC doesnt have any in stock???

Could be released as early as next week, or who knows?
I specifically asked about damage- he said absolutely not, no damage.

Guess it would've made too much sense to have the cars released w/o the cupholder and center caps and let the dealer install them.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Poisonedwell
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing