MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gotta love the Turns...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
Im a virgin to these cars and I pick my 05 S up on Tuesday. Cant wait to get her and hit the mountains... I look forward to all the good info and tips on this site.. Looks like you guys know what your talking about..I'll post some pics when I pick her up...
Marc :dark:

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2!

Looking forward to your pictures, and remember to try and stay calm until Tuesday, it can be a difficult wait :)

·
Gotta love the Turns...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man its been a difficult 4 months... I went to the dealership back in July and there were no S's available.. Had no choice but to order a 05... Im in Atlanta so go figure.. Its nice not seeing many of these on the road... I got a Dark Silver with a Black roof and Lapis Blue Interior.. I wish I had the dough for the Cooper Worx but Im sure there are other mods that are better that i can do at a later date..
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I just got "THE CALL"! My MCS arrived at my dealer (CincinnatiMINI) this AM, but I have to wait 'til Monday to pick it up!!!! BUMMER!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
`Welcome to the world of fun and adventure!

I still got about a week before my S arrives and I'm all excited by it!

The most important thing is to have Fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
O Happy Day

Today I picked up my Chili Red/White MCS ! I have never had so much fun in public with my clothes on. The miniscule test drive sold me on the car, but I put over 150 miles on my own today. MOTOR ON!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats on your new MCS!!! I.....a diehard Cooper owner....test drove an '05 MCS today just for fun. IT...............WAS.............WICKED!!! Can hardly believe they're legal!! ;)

Have fun out there!

(Yes, don't worry, I'll be keeping my Cooper, thanks, but it WAS awesome! :cool: )

·
Registered
14 Posts
'05 Mcs

I originally test drove an '04 MCS/JCW and the truth is... my '05 is just as quick as the JCW, and it's not even broken in! :D :D :D

·
Gotta love the Turns...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn... I'll be picking her up @ 1030 in the morning.. Cant wait..

·
Registered
700 Posts
I can feel the excitement, I pick up my '05 MCS at 6PM tomorrow!

Driving a brand new car is always memorable to me, and a great thrill. Looking back, I can remember clearly the first day I drove almost all my "new" cars. Some were not the latest model, but new to me. I've always been a car enthusiast and lucky to have owned some great sports cars. Each seemed to offer a slightly different kind of thrill, especially the 60's and 70's British sports cars.

But this MINI seems different. Maybe it's because of the internet, talking to other folks on the web about the car tends to increase one's enthusiasm. Until the last few years with the advent of car-specific websites, one's enthusiasm for sports cars was almost a private experience.

Cheers to you all for all the support and excellent input during my long wait for the MINI, it's much appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
New MINIs

Hey Guys and Gals, I just got my MCS and the "break-in" restrictions are an unachievable goal !!! :( Then I remembered what the OLD auto expert, Smokey Yunick, said......" If ya bought it new, drive it from the day you bought like yer gonna drive it all of the time. Came with a warranty didn't it? " :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome!

Go to atlantaminis.net and join up there. I know they are going on a drive this weekend up to Dragon's Tail in North GA/TN (318 curves in 11 miles!), and they also do lots of other events. My MINI S is on the boat today and will be in the US on 10/25, so I hope to join ya in Motoring very soon.

·
Gotta love the Turns...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nicholasp27 said:
Welcome!

Go to atlantaminis.net and join up there. I know they are going on a drive this weekend up to Dragon's Tail in North GA/TN (318 curves in 11 miles!), and they also do lots of other events. My MINI S is on the boat today and will be in the US on 10/25, so I hope to join ya in Motoring very soon.
Very cool.. Thanks for the site tip.. I noticed one of my guage lights didn't work and there was some glue crap on the luggage cover.. Also there is a bubble in the window tint.. I set a Appt to take her in in the AM to get resolved.. I have been to the Dragon about 20 times but on my bike.. I am attaching a pic... I was there the weekend of the Mini Rally and was held up by a few of you..J/K.. The Dragon Rocks.. But Cherohala and Foothills are so so nice... I'll post up on Atlantamini's..

Marc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts