MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Mini and ever since I've owned the car-- I had it custom made-- randomly the car won't start. Usually it has to do with me going to my car in the morning and it won't crank. Sometimes it makes a clicking noise and the windows will start rolling down, inch by inch. Sometimes it won't do anything. It'll happen ever so often and the dealership has given me all kinds of excuses including:

1. You're not driving the car enough.
2. The battery terminal was loose.
3. The Mini Battery just sucks...
4. There was an intermittent short that we found and fixed.

After #4, I didn't have a problem for almost 6 months. Then in May, the car started acting up again. Same deal. Finally, I took the car into the dealership to have the sun roof replaced and when I went to crank it up, it wouldn't start. They told me that it was a loose battery terminal and that all was fixed.

THEN tonight, I walked by the window and noticed that my drivers side outside lights (my brake light, my turn signal, the lights over the wheels and my fog light) were on-- but only on the drivers side. Sounds like a short to me, but I feel like the dealership is giving me the run around...

If it's not fixed soon, I'm going to have to get rid of my Mini as I can't keep paying to have these things fixed when the warranty expires :( I really don't want that. Anyone else have similar problems??? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
286 Posts
It sounds like a weak battery. Either test it or replace it and see if that fixes it. If it still does it, start looking at the body processor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts