MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, a fellow mini2 member posted about a topic i wasn't very familiar with, the MTH tuning to the onboard MINI software. After reading up on it, i decided it would be a great addition to my MCS. Another Mini2 member stepped up and offered to lend us the necessary cable to connect to the onboard computer to download the specifics of our cars, needed to get the ECU modification.
After reading the helpful advice from AlexN, we paid up our 50 some Euros. Downloaded the info from the cars (3 of us) and send the data to Franz, the man responsible for this affordable modification.
4 days later, we received the update file from Alex and got ready to upload it to the cars. I only got the chance to do mine a few days later. At the update stage of my new file, the software froze halfway through. I paniced a little, and noticed that my car wouldn't start anymore. After a couple of laptop reboots, software reloads and cable reconnects, i uploaded the my stock file again, and then uploaded the modified MTH file in no time... I started to envision a tow truck going through the low ceiling garage where i was doing the mod on my car, but now, all was good.
I drove my car out of the garage and immediately felt the difference. Acceleration is much smoother and faster to react. I press on the gaz pedal and my RPM is at 4000 in no time... I expected a difference, but not this much, this quickly.
Thank you to sa3dos, DarkMiniCooperS and AlexN for all their help.
Great mod, well worth the money, if you're thinking about it. Don't. Get your MTH!!!

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Sed called me yesterday while you had this problem... I was a little worried when he told me that you car wouldn't start anymore :(

I was very pleased to hear that it finally did upload after a couple of reboots...

Have fun with it and your next step is a pulley! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i was sweating it too...
Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.