MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great look ! After much deliberation we have decied on silver racing stripes for our BEP "S" arriving in September. Can I ask where did you get them from and how much ?

The proportions are exactly what we are looking for so could I be a real PITA and ask if you would not mine measuring the width of the middle & outer stripes plus the gap between them.

Thanks and v.much appreciated if you can help.

Stu

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stupot said:
Great look ! After much deliberation we have decied on silver racing stripes for our BEP "S" arriving in September. Can I ask where did you get them from and how much ?

The proportions are exactly what we are looking for so could I be a real PITA and ask if you would not mine measuring the width of the middle & outer stripes plus the gap between them.

Thanks and v.much appreciated if you can help.

Stu
Again thanks for the comments.

No problem Stu, the central stripe is 200mm, a 20mm gap either side then another 20mm stripe. I bought them from Kev at Idle Gear http://www.idlegear.co.uk/ (they advertise in GoMini and used to advertise on here) who was very helpful and extremly fast on their production and delivery.

Installation took me about 8hrs but I was learning as I went along!

Simon.

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I'm considering similar stripes for my BEP although I'll have white to go with my roof.. the ones I'm currently considering are at cooperflags.... i don't know how the dimensions compare with these but I'd be in for checking that out myself ;-) and comparing them with Byrnie's which look GREAT!!!

http://www.cooperflags.com/BonnetDetail.cfm?ID=2

Here's my mock-up (yes I know this is an AWFUL interpretation of BEP) of what it might look like ... what do you think??????????. I'm still torn on whether to have bonnet strips or these... I prefer the bonnet stripes but I want to have something like this on the boot and I'm wary of having to different types of stripes on the same car - don't want it looking a mess, do I ;-)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only my opinion feverdiva21 but I would say stick with one type of stripe.

I just made some measurements on the car and passed the dims onto Idle Gear - they provided a great service.

Thanks mini-chik. No changes at the mo. I am doing things slowly.

I may look at continuing over the black roof with an Indi Blue stripe or maybe putting silver pin stripes on the edge of each black stripe to highlight them. Yes, that will probably take me another year to decide :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just had black bonnet stripes with silver edges put onto my Indi Blue/Black MC. They're slightly more angled than what is customary, but I had a bad insect impact that left some scratches so the angle allowed us to cover that up.
Whaddyathink?
- Angie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Byrnie said:
Hi all.

After more that a year of deliberation over what graphic to put on my Indi Blue/Black S I have at last taken the plunge and I like it :cool: .

Hope the photos help anyone else trying to decide to stripe or not to stripe.
Very nice! Black stripes are cool. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
that looks good :)

hrmm...i wonder if i should get some stripes now...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
2perCooper
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing