MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was at the dealership today, my new EB/W Cooper just arrived. Just waiting for the 17" wheels to be changed to white 16" X-Lites and for the Cooper S petrol cap to be put on and for the car to be PDI'd and valeted!

Scheduled to pick the car up on Monday 9th late afternoon!

Just need advice on whether to change the wheels to the X-Lites or not? I thought I wanted to before I saw the car today and now I like the 17" S Spokes! It is costing £140 to change to the X-Lites. The reason I wanted to change was because it seems S-Spokes are becoming very common!? Thought I'd go for something different!

Let me know what you think of these pics!

:indi: MAGICALLY TRANSFORMS INTO :eb:

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I thought the same then saw them today and wasn't sure whether it would be a mistake paying to effectively 'downgrade' from 17s to 16s?

Then again I suppose it isn't really a downgrade as the X-Lites are supposed to be Cooper S only?

I think I'll let them put the X-Lites on tomorrow (never seen a Cooper with X-Lites!)

You'll see what I've decided to do on Monday 9th!... If I'm not out cruisin' :D

Thanks again, anyone else wanna let me know their views?!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi 'Bax F',

Thanks! Just noticed your location, you'll probably see me about in it sometime soon, I'm just down in Bangor! Was up at David Prentice Portadown today.

I was on the phone getting registration number for insurance and he said a transporter had just pulled in with 2 Electric Blue's on it, so I guessed one was mine, had a drive up and there she was.

Due to collect on Monday 9th.

Any idea whether I should keep the 17s or change to the 16s?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to say, I just checked your gallery, really nice S.

Bought my last ONE, Cooperalike (check my gallery) off Colin Taylor in Bavarian.

Anyway, nice car, wish I could get out in my new one.. or should I say Cooper!

:indi: MAGICALLY TRANSFORMS INTO :eb:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice Cooper!!!!!!! It's a shame they don't allow the blue interior on the Cooper though.

Whats the Spec you ordered?

Is that a standard aerial??

The XLites are a MUCH better drive - sharper turn in - the car just feels more nimble. The problem is the XLites look way better, so thats essentially your decision, what matters more - Looks or the Drive?

BTW. You can get around £500 for a brand new set of S Spokes on here, whereas XLItes tend to go for £300-400, so the dealer charging you to downgrade is a bit cheeky! I'd stick with the S Spokes and buy a set of XLites from here/ebay as well. Then try the Xlites for a few weeks and make your decision. Then sell the ones you don't want!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brassd said:
Nice Cooper!!!!!!! It's a shame they don't allow the blue interior on the Cooper though.

Whats the Spec you ordered?

Is that a standard aerial??

The XLites are a MUCH better drive - sharper turn in - the car just feels more nimble. The problem is the XLites look way better, so thats essentially your decision, what matters more - Looks or the Drive?

BTW. You can get around £500 for a brand new set of S Spokes on here, whereas XLItes tend to go for £300-400, so the dealer charging you to downgrade is a bit cheeky! I'd stick with the S Spokes and buy a set of XLites from here/ebay as well. Then try the Xlites for a few weeks and make your decision. Then sell the ones you don't want!

MINI COOPER 1.6 4-CYL 16V £12,100.00
Electric Blue £250.00
Clth/Lea OCTAGON Black £0.00
CHILI Pack £1,300.00
- 17" S-Spoke Alloy Wheels £370.00
- 3 Spoke Spts Lea St Wheel £0.00
- Chrome Line Exterior £0.00
- Front Foglights £0.00
- Interior Light Package £0.00
- Pass. Seat Height Adj. £0.00
- Radio BOOST £140.00
- Rear spoiler £0.00
- Sport Seats - Front £0.00
- Storage Compartment Pack £0.00
- Trip Computer £0.00
- Velour Floor Mats £0.00
ASC + T £100.00
Air Conditioning Auto £850.00
Alloy Wheels in White £0.00
CD Changer Prep £0.00
Central Rev. Counter £0.00
Darkened Glass £100.00
Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors £160.00
Front Seat Heating £190.00
Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi £350.00
Heated Mirrors/Washerjets £0.00
ISOFIX Child Seat System £0.00
Interior Trim, Alloy Patina £30.00
Multi-function on S/Wheel £160.00
Rain Sensor £0.00
Roof&Mirror Caps in White £0.00
Single CD Player £70.00
Smoker Package £0.00
Visibility Pack £200.00
TLC Servicing Package £100
16" X-Lite Alloy Upgrade £140
Clear Side Repeaters £30
Cooper S Petrol Cap £165
Total Price £16,785.00

Yeah, I think that is the standard aerial, I believe since the facelift the sharkfin aerial is not required for phone or navigation, that is now built into the standard aeriel... not sure whether it is still available or not (sharkfin) if you want it?

I quite like the new standard aeriel, looks more sturdy just like most parts of the facelift e.g. new grille on front, better pollen filters on bonnet etc. etc. all looks like it has sorted out ll the early Mini problems. Thank God!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I too am getting the 05 model, although have yet to test drive one. What I can't imagine is how they have improved the gearbox; couple of friends tell me it's even better than the previous (British?) gearbox. How can it be any smoother? (granted I've only driven the Mini on a few occasions, not for any length of time, but the gearbox always stood out as so smooth and fast).

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Matt, thats who we bought our S off, top bloke. Although he was off on honeymoon when our car was delivered. Conor Hagen handled our handover, another thoroughly nice fella. I've found Bavarian great overall.
Not sure if that is a standard aerial though, it looks very like the Alta antenna. Which incidentally, I've just fitted to mine. I think it a great improvement on the comedy dodgem aerial.
As for the wheels I think you should have the 17's, they suit your MINI and they are worth more second hand if you get tired of them. I can't believe they wanted money to downsize to 16's. The handling and ride quality are fine.
Finally, check this out.. http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65851

Whatever rims you choose, the car looks excellent. :cool:

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Congrats, looks great..........:D

Thats true, X lites cost way less than S spokes, new for new, your dealer shouldn't charge you anything extra.........;) I'd have a word with them on that...........:)

·
Original Motorer
20 Posts
Great photos, Matt. Thanks for posting them. Your spec is very similar to mine, which is currently on a boat on the way to Australia. Love the EB/W. I’ve read that the 16”s are a sweeter ride, but agree the S-spokes look good. Tough decision – but Minis are such great cars you won’t be disappointed with whatever choice you make. I didn’t know that dealers can fit an S fuel cap to Coopers – I thought it was only an aftermarket DIY job.. I might hassle mine to see if they do it.

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
Fantastic looking MINI, hope all goes well for the pick up tomorrow :)

I personally prefer the S Spokes, but alloys are all down to individual choice

·
Registered
17 Posts
congrats on the spec that is one expensive cooper! but looks well worth it! and by the keep the S-spokes they rule!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys,

Was on the phone to the dealer today, the Cooper S Cap has been painted and fitted. The runflats have been put on the X-Lites and the car has been PDI'd.

The dealership has received the insurance certificate from the AA (great service, changed the policy on Thursday, dealer got a new cover note to the garage on Friday morning)

The X-Lites are being fitted to the car today and that just leaves a full valet to be done on Monday morning/afternoon meaning the car will be ready to collect on Monday evening. Just hoping my finance is sorted by Monday to collect it!

BTW if you didn't gather, I've gone for the X-Lites, if I decide at the dealership when I'm collecting it that I prefer the S-Spokes I'm sure they'll change them but I think I'm sticking with X-Lites... never seen a Cooper with X-Lites, have you!?

Yeah my dealer is pretty good about getting you what you want, even Cooper S parts for a Cooper!

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and praise. i'll post more pics when I get the car, any pics anyone wants just let me know!

Gonna miss :indi:
Gonna love :eb:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
16 Participants
matt.morrow
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing