MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just stuck a set of JCW 18 inch five spokers on. I was running 18 inch TSW Pace before.......on 215/35/18 TOYO TSW Proxy TS1's. The dealership tried to peruade me to have 205/40/18 Runflats which I refused.

So, I've stuck my Toyo (Non Run Flat's) on the JCW rims. To be honest the rims are ALOT lighter than with the runflats. The dealer also had a set of JCW's with Dunlop Run flats and when compared the difference WAS noticeable!. Toyos are far cheaper also.

Here comes the question......Do you prefer TSW 18's or the JSW on the car?? Opinions/beliefs welcome and appreciated as I can't decide which lok the best. I think the JCW's give the car a more aggressive stance wheras the TSW's make look Alpina style, if you get what I mean.

Car is on Eibachs by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
mtuk said:
I've just stuck a set of JCW 18 inch five spokers on. I was running 18 inch TSW Pace before.......on 215/35/18 TOYO TSW Proxy TS1's. The dealership tried to peruade me to have 205/40/18 Runflats which I refused.

So, I've stuck my Toyo (Non Run Flat's) on the JCW rims. To be honest the rims are ALOT lighter than with the runflats. The dealer also had a set of JCW's with Dunlop Run flats and when compared the difference WAS noticeable!. Toyos are far cheaper also.

Here comes the question......Do you prefer TSW 18's or the JSW on the car?? Opinions/beliefs welcome and appreciated as I can't decide which lok the best. I think the JCW's give the car a more aggressive stance wheras the TSW's make look Alpina style, if you get what I mean.

Car is on Eibachs by the way.
I prefer the Works wheels :D I think they suit the car better, make the car look lower and also look bigger than the TSW's :D

LB.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The JCW's look better in the pix, but the TSW's fill out the rear arches better even though they are the same 7.0 J.

Still undecided, but at least I can swap them arouund when I fancy a change.

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
hmmmm not a big fan of the Works wheels to be honest

check Wibblys gallery here
he has same wheels and eibachs too

I much prefer this as it is understated and classy - i find five spokes a bit in ya face nova-ish

But each to their own - you could put bricks on a mini and itl still look good :D ( some people have :eek: )

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, must admit I think the Works wheels are a bit in your face hardcore, agressive if you know what I mean whereas the multi spokes do give off the aura of being a little less racerish and give the car more of a subtle stance. I like them both to be honest and can't decide either way which look best.

They're both different styles which suit different tastes.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
definatly the jcw's!!

sayin that tho, i am torn between them and wibbly's oz's in 18"

never realised u could get the works wheels without tyres. the main thing that put me off them is the price and stories of tyres lasting 5k!!

how much were the wheels alone if u dont mind me askin and did the dealer fit the tyres for u??

cheers

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
On a Works car, the JCW alloys. On a standard S, not JCW alloys. Do I make sense? Possibly not.

Both look good mate. But its either a Works, or its not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fizzle - Dealer fitted the JCW's and my own tyres. Price fitted with steering limiter kit was £847.00.

Tony*t3 - That doesn't make sense. Why should you only have the JCW's on a Works? Its like saying you can't have S spokes on the works and must fit the JCW's?. I've also seen afttermarket wheels on Works cars. I agree it looks crap sticking M3 wheels & badges on a 3 series but its different with the Mini.

My everyday car is 330D sport and I can't justify spending 24K on a works Mini, but I'm thinking of having the works pack done now............

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
mtuk said:
Fizzle - Dealer fitted the JCW's and my own tyres. Price fitted with steering limiter kit was £847.00.

Tony*t3 - That doesn't make sense. Why should you only have the JCW's on a Works? Its like saying you can't have S spokes on the works and must fit the JCW's?. I've also seen afttermarket wheels on Works cars. I agree it looks crap sticking M3 wheels & badges on a 3 series but its different with the Mini.

My everyday car is 330D sport and I can't justify spending 24K on a works Mini, but I'm thinking of having the works pack done now............

I know, I said it didn't really make sense myself... I think you've highlighted my issue, the M3 wheels on a normal 3 series. It isn't the same as that, but its similar, just not so severe. I think its because I don't actually like the Works alloys myself that much .... I have a Works, it has aftermarket alloys on.

On fully speced up Works cars, the Alloys do add 'its a Works and its got all the works...' but it doesn't say that to me if its not a Works... Its not a snobbery thing, its that many people are buying 'works' stuff because it says 'Works' on it, rather than on its outright merits...

Yeah, confused myself. I think your original alloys look the business.

mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
RVW said:
:red: :red: :)
Good for you Aiden:D
You need to go the " Whole Nine Yards" and make the statement.:D

"I am buying the works wheels" :D
Not sure I think tonys wheels are the business,tho I do think you should have it lowered (30 mm!) to fill out the arches better

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tony - I nearly went for a set of those X5 style wheels, I think they look really bloody good. Are they 7J or 7.5J as they look pretty beefy..........

How much were they for a set,........ out of interest?.

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
AidenL said:
I like the JCW wheels, I'm thinking of buying a set actually...............:)
And sell the classic R90's!!! :eek: :eek:

I've actually though of getting a set if I can sell my S-spokes,,,, and put non-runflats on them :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts