MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1963 Mini -- 2004 MINI
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of my 04 MC40. I have about 3,500 (s)miles on the car now and as you can see I have modified it some. I removed the stock MC40 decals as I really didn't think they looked quite right. I ordered a custom decal from ScreenProMini which is, I think, more in keeping with the theme of the car.
I also changed the upper and lower grille for the "aero" grilles. The fitting of these was really a pain but with the help of posts to this forum it came out okay. I also though that the wimpy little driving lamps didn't look right either so off they came and on went a Minisport lamp bar with two spots and two fogs. I think it looks (as someone from the UK said in a post here) "like the dog's b*llocks" :p .
I am looking at changing the seat to a John Cooper Works seat. I am torn between waiting for MINI to offer it over here with the airbag included or buying a Sparco equivalent. I have heard conflicting stories about using a resistor to fool the computer. Any comments on that??
Anyway I really enjoy my MCS and it is a far different beast to the 1963 Austin Mini 850 that I owned while growing up in the UK (number plate 770 KOF). By the way I used to work as an engineer at (what used to be) BMC at their Longbridge plant. I once met (quite by accident) Sir Alec Issigonis. Also as part of my job I used to go into the Experimental department and the Styling Studio. In the Styling Studio I worked on a heating and ventilation project for Harris Mann who designed the TR7. He also designed the MG Magna that never saw the light of day. Judging by the clay buck I saw it was by far a better looking car than the TR7 - shame that Triumph won out with the TR6 replacement and poor old MG got shafted. When British Leyland introduced the Allegro they had a larger car on test in the experimental department called the Diablo. The test engineers nicknamed it the "Diabolical" :D
Anyway that's enough reminiscing so enjoy the photos. :D
Alan

Attachments

·
1963 Mini -- 2004 MINI
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. The photo of ADO21 was nothing like the clay buck that I saw in the styling studio. The one I saw was a stubby sports car with great lines. Perhaps MAGNA was a generic name for the MGB replacement.
Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts