MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
:D

Welcome to the S club (Not 7 :( )

You'll love every second of ownership...even those spent in the dealer getting rattles, squeeks and bit fixed :rolleyes: LOL

Happy motoring :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks v much. is going to be the longest week waiting for Monday to arrive... Train to Munich then 550km drive back to Luxembourg :)
Hoping it'll be more reliable than my last mini - 1999 all black 40th anniversary Cooper. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car was ordered new with the JCW kit and includes the brake upgrade.
Will it have the limited slip diff fitted, or was this an option on top of the pack??
Thanks. Gareth.

·
Flying Finn
375 Posts
:D

:

You'll love every second of ownership...even those spent in the dealer getting rattles, squeeks and bit fixed :rolleyes: LOL
:
Funny, when you put it that way, I realize that it is true. I have had my share of "little challenges" with my car - and still do. Yet I do not really remember being more than mildly frustrated, sometimes I was even looking forward to going to the dealer...:D

This is really not me at all...especially my better half is very suprised about how patient I have been with all the stuff that's been going on;)

So yeah, I second that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Properly looking forward to it - have driven a Cooper S belonging to my brother quite a bit - adore them. Hoping this will be that much more special :)

First upgrade is the headunit - fancy the new Alpine iDA-X001. Will see what the standard speakers sound like with that before considering anything else.

Only other mod I have in mind are the JCW leather downtubes .... although am wary as to what they'll look like. Standard downtubes feel a bit plasticky imho.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it at last!!!

4am start, 7 hrs train to Munich, 5hr drive back. Magic.

Last hr was relatively traffic free, unrestricted autobahn - got 225kph shown on the gps - showed as 230kph on the speedo - does rather drink fuel at that rate ;-)

Am over the moon. On business in London all week now - won't drive it again until Monday :-(

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts