MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title suggests i have a new rolling road power reaading.

This morning i got up at 6:30am and drove to Byfleet in surrey to have a re-map and rolling road at Brooklands Horse Power (BHP).

As people may remember my car was serviourly pinking at the Surrey rolling road on saturday, as it was running way to lean from 3000rpm right through to the red line.

Well yesterday i fitted some JCW 380cc injectors to help with the fueling problem, and to day i had the re-map to solve the issue.

At BHP they rolling roaded my car and sent the results along with the map to SuperChips to be altered. The map came back and forth a couple of times as the fueling was still being corrected.

Finally they got the right fuel/air ratio and gained me some more bhp.

The list of mods are bellow:

SuperChips re-map
15% pulley
MiniMania 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and de-cat
Janspeed cat back
JCW 380cc fuel injectors
Alta pannel air filter
NGK iridium spark plugs
MiniMania fast road cam

The results are only from the above mods, the head is standard and the intercooler is also standard!

The car achieved 263bhp @ 7593 rpm and 210ftlbs torque @ 4616 rpm

The dip in torque between 2800 and 4000rpm was due to the person doing the rolling road backing off not due to a flat spot, on the road it continues a smooth curve.

Im pretty happy with that!

Alex

Attachments

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Great results Alex!!

Get a better I/C and a ported head and you should have some serious power:biggrin:

Did superchips do that custom map for free or did you have to pay extra?

210lbs/ft instead of NM?

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had to pay extra, I would never ever recommend MiniSpeed!!!! Because only a couple of weeks ago i paid for a bluefin map and they wouldnt sort the fueling out for nothing even though they supplied a faulty map! they blamed it on me having a de-cat!:angry::angry::angry::aargh:

Alex

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You better book Friday the 13th off Alex and come up to the Pod because you could be the owner off the fastest stock head Mini in the world :nice:

Are you booked in this Sunday at AMD
Yeah, why not i will come up to the pod! how much is entry and running the car etc?

Alex

·
MiniTorque*****
1,072 Posts
Cheers ben,

erm im not sure but is says 182km/h so would that be 3rd? im not sure.

Alex
Sounds like 4th which is way better than running in 3rd as at Surrey. Defo come up the pod mate, I'd love to run mine alongside yours and as Paul said you might get one hell of a time! :D

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like 4th which is way better than running in 3rd as at Surrey. Defo come up the pod mate, I'd love to run mine alongside yours and as Paul said you might get one hell of a time! :D

Ok mate, see you there! im up for going up the strip with you mate.

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Damn I got to go out to my mates birthday gig with the UK Subs playing, so if you imagine a 15 stone Hob Nob Punk pogoing up and down to songs from the late 70s early 80s when I was 14 so imagine how old Charle Harper theh lead singer is now, well over 60 .

Warning; Please make sure you're strapped to your chair before playing this video, I dont want to be sued for broken bones

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
So far so good Alex!
at 6000 you are running out of flow due the valve size and head limitation ,your boost will be creeping up and hence the drop off in torque and flattening of the power line
The torque is coming in nicely at around 4000 and staying fat and happy ,this is a great area to have the torque peak and will give nice acceleration
A head done nicely to match will raise the level of the torque ,but you still need to keep it coming in low down ,so ported to suit -larger valves will extend the the 6000 point and move the head away from its present limit and reduce boost pressure ,but not too big on the valves as it will alter too much the power delivery . the max bhp is at a high rpm and less useful at the moment 7600 is very high! and the aim is to get the same power much lower by increasing the torque and thus the angle of the power line
You are on course for another 30 ft lb torque and 30 bhp at a lower rpm- at this point you will max the charger -a smaller pulley will not help it simply reduces the current 6000 rpm point and reduces the torque from this point on
Reducing weight is all that is left after this!-one quick MINI pending

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far so good Alex!
at 6000 you are running out of flow due the valve size and head limitation ,your boost will be creeping up and hence the drop off in torque and flattening of the power line
The torque is coming in nicely at around 4000 and staying fat and happy ,this is a great area to have the torque peak and will give nice acceleration
A head done nicely to match will raise the level of the torque ,but you still need to keep it coming in low down ,so ported to suit -larger valves will extend the the 6000 point and move the head away from its present limit and reduce boost pressure ,but not too big on the valves as it will alter too much the power delivery . the max bhp is at a high rpm and less useful at the moment 7600 is very high! and the aim is to get the same power much lower by increasing the torque and thus the angle of the power line
You are on course for another 30 ft lb torque and 30 bhp at a lower rpm- at this point you will max the charger -a smaller pulley will not help it simply reduces the current 6000 rpm point and reduces the torque from this point on
Well my Mini is my project, so all i will do is listen and do the mods you advise to get me that quick Mini!

Alex

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
So far so good Alex!
I was thinking similar to Adam..... a few more changes that give you more torque is where the car will feel so much stronger. A ported head and high flow intercooler (the stock one is shocking bad for flow!) and I bet that gained couple of psi and head flow will give you a nice jump. If you can maintain the increase to your new redline you should see a sizable increase. Obviously that will be quite expensive so you really have done well to get those numbers for what you have probably spent. Personally im not a big fan of high rev limits and more a torque person but still that is a fantastic result :D

Does make me wonder what mine is capable of then if I can get the fuelling right and do a high rev limit. Especially now I have the pistons and rod bolts for it :D I was the other one that was running very lean on the day too....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts