MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took the car in today to get the roof leak fixed and I just got a call telling me they need to replace the whole roof and its going to take a long time! Ahhhhhhh This is depressing, I haven't even had the car 1 month.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hope they give you another car while it's being re-roofed!

Just got mine back from 3 days in for various rattles plus alarm going off randomly. Good to have it back, even if the alarm has gone off already....

Hope you get yours back quick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know the feeling.
I have had a list of faults as long as your arm since I picked it up.
My mini has been at my dealership for 4 weeks now and the endless list of problems have still not been resolved & the manager had the nerve to say I was being unreasonable.
I'm so fed up with it all that I am hopefully going to sell if it ever comes back or hide it in a lake somewhere ;)

!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great!

Just got back from the dealer, who gave me a nice Buick Century Loner Car (what a nice car to take the place of my lovely mini. .... ya right) Anyways it turns out the roof is really messed up and they got another mini converitible in today with the same issue and I was told they are test stuff out on the other car and then going to fix mine. Boy I'd hate to be the persons who car they are using for a guinny pig.

Howard

·
Finally here!!
71 Posts
TurboNutterChick said:
I know the feeling.
I have had a list of faults as long as your arm since I picked it up.
My mini has been at my dealership for 4 weeks now and the endless list of problems have still not been resolved & the manager had the nerve to say I was being unreasonable.
I'm so fed up with it all that I am hopefully going to sell if it ever comes back or hide it in a lake somewhere ;)

!

That's nothing! My car has been at the dealers for six weeks and is due to be there for another two weeks. Also I have no faith whatsoever that my issues will be resolved by then. 2 months at the dealers out of a total of 5 months of ownership is completely unacceptable in my book. As you can guess, I also have a list of faults as long as my arm. It might be interesting to get together and compare fault lists!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well

Come on, start listing them, mine list is only 1/2 my arm long, so maybe listing yours might make me feel a bit better. Lets see what I got.

1. Dead Pixel on Nav Screen.
2. 3 Rattles, 1 on dash, 1 on rear passenger window and 1 on driver window.
3. Rain leaking in convertible top.
4. Plastic Gasket on front driver side between window and top of car, lose/peeling off.

Hmm that might actually be in, but the rain leaking in, counts for like 100 problems, no way my new car should be getting wet inside.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You guys are scaring me. :eek: My MCSC is in production right now due for a December delivery. I wonder if it'll make it to me before the Jan price increase.

howardpm, any word if the issue with your top is a typical production issue that needs to be resolved across the range of cars being manufactured? Did Sterling folks tell you exactly what the fault is?

I hope you both are able to get the issues resolved to your satisfaction. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok

Ok X3, you win! You might be a bit more nit picky then me, though im sure if I really wanted to I could find numerous more issues.

I asked the dealered if it was a design flaw and he said no, if that was the case all the others they sold would be coming into the shop. Though they've only sold about 20, so 2 out of 20 isn't the best record especially with cars. Hopefully they will get it fixed tomorrow or frday, if I gotta go the weekend driving a Buick I might cry. And don't be to worried, I just have really bad luck usually. Bad Karma so they say. :)

Howard

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
What kind of a MINI dealer is going to give you a friggin' Buick as a loaner?!!!! :eek: Could they have given you a worse car for what you are having fixed?! That's like the Lotus dealer giving a Suburban as a loaner. Completely incompatiable. Horrible.

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
X3CAT said:
Her's a summary of mine, although there is more!

good god woman... just read ur list of faults.... couldn't believe it!

if i have been given a replacement car then you certianly should be... that's ridiculous.

Keep pushing both your dealership and MINI ... MINI are very good at helping to resolve issues so keep pestering them... and i mean pester pester pester... phone write e-mail shout swear scream ... you'll get what you want, it'll just take time! trust me!

·
Alpinamike
96 Posts
Is your mini dealership connected to GM dealer

Thats the worst thing, they should give you a BMW and nothing less, you might want to give your Buick to some old farts that go on a Sunday drive, that is one ugly car. You can park it at walmart and have some carts hit it! That its home! Let me guess its green or silver, they made 5 billion of those rust buckets! Anyway just make fun of it, it will pass the time till you get yours :D . Or tell MINI to get you a new MINI, while you drive your around then turn it in even trade!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well

Its 70 degrees outside, very odd for a Nov in Virginia and I missing my Mini already. Couldnt it at least had problems when it was cold all week? The dealer has an enterprise built into the dealership, so if they are out of minis/bmw they send you the use enterprise.

Howard

·
Registered
11 Posts
X3CAT said:
Her's a summary of mine, although there is more!
Well I've just heard from the dealer today that they will need it for another 2 weeks. No surprise there which means they will have had it longer than I have!! Great!

Here is a list of my problems:

The roof mechanism mangled up the interior of the roof & so as a result I haven’t been able to open the roof.
There are white tide marks on the roof interior which suggests that water is getting in. There are also signs of wear on the material (interior & exterior)
On closing the roof once it missed its locking point but luckily I intervened in time to avoid damage to the car.
The passenger side window rattles and squeaks.
The boot lid is misaligned & has to be slammed other wise the lid is not flush with the vehicle.
The gearbox crunches in reverse.
There was a lot of damage & scratches to the paintwork - front bumper, bonnet and doors. The rear bumper’s only had a thin mottled coat of paint on it.
The interior was dirty with finger prints and marks on interior panels.
Speakers are rattling. Other stuff is rattling!

My dealer had the car for 3 weeks to fix these and rang to say that it was ready for collection and that 'quality control' had looked over the car. When I arrived only a third of the work had been completed and the roof had been mended with plastic cable ties. Classy!
I expressed my disappointment to the manager who said I was being unreasonable and so I left the car with them.
I do have a convertible as a courtesy car though :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm

dalboyne said:
Try to look on the bright side - nobody will try to steal the Buick!

Thats why I ordered an alarm for my convertible. Oh wait they haven't made it yet, but I already paid for it and no one told me till I went to pick the car up.

Howard

·
Registered
384 Posts
I guess I need to count my lucky starts and knock on wood because I have absolutely no issues so far with mine. No roof issues, no leaks (and yes we have had hard rain here), no rattles, etc. We ordered it from Sterling - had it shipped to CA - it arrived here the later part of September.... :cool:

I sure hope those of you with issues get them resolved quickly and to your utmost satisfaction... :)

Chow!

Donna :p :D :p

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hurrah!

Ok just went to pick back up my mini. They said the molding was lose or something by the rear passenger window causing the water to leak in and they have fixed it. Guess will see what happens this weekend when it rains.

On a side note, also had them check for a rear rattle and they said it was the seat belt, according to the service sheet it says, "adjusted seat belt latch" not sure if its fixed since it was so nice tonight I drove home topless. Also for the NAV screen dead pixel they said they ordered a new screen for me. And for the molding on the front thats coming lose they said they had to order that also (but its purely astetic the guy said).

Also had an AUX input installed which they charged me out the ... for labor. 39.95 for the AUX input and 99 dollars ffor labor. Atleast I got it installed under the toggle switches like I wanted.

Howard

·
Gotta Get Out More!!!
831 Posts
Hey Howard, are you near Sterling, VA? My wife and I ordered hers this month. How does the aux input work, exactly? The dealer really didn't explain much other than to say it allows the head unit to control the MP3 player. Is that true or does it just let the sound come through the head unit?

Thanks. Sucks about the alarm. Hope the make one in time for our delivery. They did not take our money for it yet,since they don't make it yet. They will take the $$ when it gets installed.

Dain

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.